Sena 20s anybody using it?

I don't see a 20c on their site. There's a 10c and a 20s. 10c has a camera. 20s has longer range and better audio but no camera. I have the 20s and like it. It's not without it's issues, but good none the less.

Yes and have had one for over a year. Prefer it to my old interphone F5s and the app is handy to set it up. Phone works flawlessly and used it with my dad across Europe in the summer. Charge overnight and gave easily a days use connected to the sat nav and other 20s. Range could be a bit better in towns, I felt the SMH10 was a bit better there. 20s look good too

I bought a 20s last summer and really like it. The only thing I don't use it for is bike-to-bike communication, so I can't comment on that. The phone works well, but I mainly use it for is it's Bluetooth communication to my phone for listening to music/radio stations. The speakers sound great, and what I really like is the earbud port where I plug in my S-plugs on longer rides; I can hear my music perfectly with the bonus of keeping out the wind noise. The voice commands are touch-and-go, but you can always use the different button commands to make do what you want.   Also, it holds a charge for a long time; I can use it for days commuting to and from work on a single charge.

• Premium Member
I bought a 20s last summer and really like it. The only thing I don't use it for is bike-to-bike communication, so I can't comment on that. The phone works well, but I mainly use it for is it's Bluetooth communication to my phone for listening to music/radio stations. The speakers sound great, and what I really like is the earbud port where I plug in my S-plugs on longer rides; I can hear my music perfectly with the bonus of keeping out the wind noise. The voice commands are touch-and-go, but you can always use the different button commands to make do what you want.   Also, it holds a charge for a long time; I can use it for days commuting to and from work on a single charge.
If you use it with an iPhone you can activate Siri with the push button if you are so inclined; it is useful if you quickly want directions from Maps and don't want to use a satnav. I also used it to send text updates to Wessie and co while riding last summer. 

• 7 months later...
  • Premium Member
So I pulled the trigger and bought the Sena 20s. So far I'm liking it. I have to set the 2nd. Unit up on my wife's helmet still. It has tons of capabilities. More than I'll ever use...
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• Premium Member
It does get better if you upgrade the firmware though..........

That was the very first thing I did to both units. Upgraded the firmware.
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I love mine, absolutely no luck getting any kind of reception with it using the FM radio though. would be nice to have that as a backup for my media player battery being low.
The FM radio works well on mine..

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

• 2 weeks later...
I have had a 20S for a couple of years now. I have the dual set up in my wife's helmet and mine, she rides pillion. We really like the ability to chat away on a ride. I use it to stream music from my phone when I'm alone on the bike (I try ride to work as often as possible).

Last year a friend and I made a trip to the Isle of Man TT races, so we set up one in his helmet and it was invaluable during the trip to navigate our way around the Island as well as in England. The range was decent, but not the 2.0 kilometers claimed by Sena, more like 1 kilometer!

I find battery life is very good, usually lasts a couple of full riding days between recharges, although when the battery is low, you have about a minute of life left after the cool "low battery" message. The speakers have great volume, very easy to hear (and my hearing is NOT good) and the earphone port is very nice to be able to use earbuds and cut some wind noise.

I really like the large jog dial for controlling volume and skipping songs ahead when streaming music, it's very easy to use when wearing gloves, which was my biggest gripe with my last communicator...too small buttons. Over all, a big thumbs up for the 20S.

I have had the 20S Dual system for a couple of years. Keep the firmware up to date. I get about 10 hours on a single charge when I am out while listening to music and taking a call or two. When the battery goes down I simply pop on the second unit and away I go. I like it so much that I acquired a 2nd set for my son. Experience on distance varies. In the open west we were able to stay in communication with a half mile spread...in the twisties around corners with lots of interference...maybe 1000 feet. I run with a set of custom molded earbuds. The audio quality is excellent in that mode, otherwise one needs to deal with helmet noise. I would recommend the 20s considering comms for their helmet.

Archived