GIVI crash bars

cosmo

They're easy to install. The only gotcha is that you need a rear stand or someone to hold the bike up while installing the left bar because you'll be removing one of the bolts that holds the side/center stand on. The only other issue is my big feet, size 46 euro or 11 or 12 US depending on fit. My first time riding with my Gaerne street boots I was hitting the bar when shifting. Today while riding with my Sidi Adventures I didn't touch it once.

>> They are on sale along with the windshield. <<

Where, pray tell, can you find this fine merchandise on offer?

Best Wishes,

-CD-
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• 3 weeks later...
I have em. Took me about 30 mins to put em on. My size 48eu boots have no clearance issues. I crashed em already too. Stator cover made contact with the ground. Bent the crash bars as well. But kept the rest of the expensive bits of the ground. I made a thread about it I the pics section.

I wonder if RennTec is making crash bars? The ones I had on my Bandit survived 3, yes 3!, lowsides with no damage to the spendy bits on my Bandit. Now THAT'S a manly crash bar!! I just groveled to them begging for a quality engine guard, maybe they will comply...Here's a link to their contact page: http://renntec.com/contacts/index/
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• 2 months later...
Installed GIVI crashbar day after I got the bike from dealer.
Easy to install and look great. Can also be used to add mount for cam or extra lights.

Make sure that you adjust and center all 3 bolts (both sides) before using torque wrench and remember that lowest bolt on the left side of the bike (center stand)  goes all the way through to the other side and is hold in place by nut (left side). This one gave me quite a scare when I was trying to remove it (no motorcycle service manual and givi gives you shitty instructions).

Take it slow and it will be fine.

Archived