What is the Best way to Bleed our forks?

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
I have always put my hand over the end of the fork tube (after filling up the fork tube with fluid) and with the fork tube extended, pushed down to force the fluid into crevices. Then I pull the inner tube (1/4 inch tube) up and down slowly. I do this about 10 times each, starting with the outer fork tube 10 times, then the inner fork tube 10 times. I looked for a video on street bikes, but only found dirt bikes which seem to be different for some reason, especially on my KTM I had.
How do you guys do it on your street bikes, particularly on the F-Jay?
I ask this question as I did Ty's Andreani forks yesterday, and a simple test of the forks showed good compression for the right fork leg (we chose this side), and the left fork leg showed good rebound adjustability (on upstroke obviously), until he laid the left fork leg down to clean it, and then when testing it again, it acted like the compression leg, with no adjustability for rebound (during upstroke). I guess air gets into the circuit temporarily screwing things up. I say temporarily, as once installed properly, the problem went away and the rebound circuit was fine. Just wondering if I could have done something better to keep this from happening.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Leeches are good for bleeding.
baldy_zps5mb6zyba.gif 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived