Switched Power Source for Relay?

richlandrick

• Premium Member
the wire for the rear light cluster is the obvious choice for actuating the relay. Obviously, take the power feed directly from the battery.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Thanks, 
Are there any unused switched factory connectors?
There are a few under the right panel (easily removed by three 1/4-turn fasteners), and 4 under the dash accessed by removing the windscreen and underlying support (easy to remove also). Check out the LED light install How To, it shows the locations. The auxiliary light connectors are switched only with the motor running. The secondary power socket is switched with just the Key on, and it what I used to run my LED relay. 
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Thanks, 
Are there any unused switched factory connectors?
There are two under the right panel (easily removed by three 1/4-turn fasteners, but is for the heated grips), and 3 under the dash accessed by removing the windscreen and underlying support (easy to remove also). Check out the LED light install How To, it shows the locations. The auxiliary light connectors are switched only with the motor running. The secondary power socket is switched with just the Key on, and it what I used to run my LED relay. Here is a link: linky

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived