UK meets 2016

wessie

• Premium Member
A thread on the UK Tracer Facebook group led to a discussion between @johan @pilgo and me about setting up some meetings for Tracer riders in the UK. 

Last year, just after the UK launch, seven Tracer riders met at the H Cafe near Oxford.

So, let's start the ball rolling. 

@pilgo suggests an Easter weekend meeting - @johan and I will be on a cultural exchange in the Ardennes region of Luxembourg & Belgium and the Mosel and Eiffel regions of Germany but don't worry about us.

I'm happy to organise something over the Mayday bank holiday weekend. 

@pilgo is in the depths of the West Country, I'm in Cheltenham so we really need some DFVs* to get on board to organise something for those of eastern and northern persuasions.

Discuss

*DFV = dumb fúck volunteer
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
A thread on the UK Tracer Facebook group led to a discussion between @johan @pilgo and me about setting up some meetings for Tracer riders in the UK.  
Last year, just after the UK launch, seven Tracer riders met at the H Cafe near Oxford.

So, let's start the ball rolling. 

@pilgo suggests an Easter weekend meeting - @johan and I will be on a cultural exchange in the Ardennes region of Luxembourg & Belgium and the Mosel and Eiffel regions of Germany but don't worry about us.

I'm happy to organise something over the Mayday bank holiday weekend. 

@pilgo is in the depths of the West Country, I'm in Cheltenham so we really need some DFVs* to get on board to organise something for those of eastern and northern persuasions.

Discuss

*DFV = dumb fúck volunteer
May Bank Holiday weekend; H Cafe. Why break with tradition?

• Premium Member
And @elaine if his wrists will last Blade riders would be welcome to join... 

The main question would be whether he could make the journey with venturing into the scenery. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• 2 weeks later...
Bank holiday monday, 2nd may @ H café , oxford road, dorchester, wallingford OX10 7LY
group meet up outside infinity motorcycles ( next to the café ) as they plan to reserve us a block of parking space.
hopefully there will be a good turn out, so it'll be nice to see you all there 
( I appreciate its too long a haul for a lot of people, sorry ) 

• Premium Member
and a 2nd one will be on the bank holiday Monday at the other end of May - 30 May
@johan and I will be returning from a weekend in Wales and will stop for a coffee at Dom's in Leominster around 11am, stay for an hour for a chat to any others in the group and then ride through the Wye Valley, Brecon Beacons and Usk Valley (a ride of about 90 minutes) to another cafe near Abergavenny around 1.30pm.

I'll put up a separate post nearer the date but here's a google map of the start and end points of the ride.
https://goo.gl/maps/KDEy5Z6GFXA2 - the road from Steel Horse cafe to Chepstow is a cracker if you live in the South West and want to meet there

• 1 month later...

Archived