Europe 27tg may

tracermonkey

I'll be going to Europe on th 27th may 

ill be doing the Alps into Italy.  Down to Rome.  Back up along to Monaco if possible to the Pyrenees then back up 

I'm not one for sight seeing but love exploring roads   No motorways etc 

if if people wanna join.   Get in touch 

• Premium Member
Have a nice trip.

I'll be in France a month later - using a different approach. Staying in Blois for 3 nights then La Bourboule for 3 nights, exploring each region from the base.

I'm more into making triangles & circles rather than squiggly lines :)

How long are you planning to take with your trip?

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I'll be going to Europe on th 27th may  
ill be doing the Alps into Italy.  Down to Rome.  Back up along to Monaco if possible to the Pyrenees then back up 

I'm not one for sight seeing but love exploring roads   No motorways etc 

if if people wanna join.   Get in touch 
That's a serious trip, enjoy it. Rome/Monaco/Pyrenees then back up - where the Alps, in Italy? Take your time and enjoy it, that is some distance to cover and you'll be riding through such diverse regions (and most of them produce a decent wine).

• Premium Member
I've got serious envy of you guys in Europe.  We get all excited about getting together to ride The Dragon in the Smokey Mountains here  :-S  ......
You don't think we envy reports of riding along the Continental divide or through a Glacier NP? Or those people in Florida moaning that 16C is a bit chilly? Although, I'm quite happy we don't have anywhere in Europe where the scenery might eat you or inoculate you with lethal venom. Quite happy with marmots, chamonix and the odd wild boar. Although, the latter often originate from Southern Africa. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I've got serious envy of you guys in Europe.  We get all excited about getting together to ride The Dragon in the Smokey Mountains here  :-S  ......
You don't think we envy reports of riding along the Continental divide or through a Glacier NP? Or those people in Florida moaning that 16C is a bit chilly? Although, I'm quite happy we don't have anywhere in Europe where the scenery might eat you or inoculate you with lethal venom. Quite happy with marmots, chamonix and the odd wild boar. Although, the latter often originate from Southern Africa. 
No sense of adventure, Welsh bore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
What shocks US riders going to Europe is the sheer number of motorcyclists. If we waved at every biker in Europe we'd have to learn to ride one handed. Enjoy the ride!
There's an etiquette, especially in France. Feet are used as much as hands and heads. Raise a finger if someone comes past you, the passing rider drops a foot off the peg. I do the latter in the UK if they make room when I'm filtering, which confuses the fúck out of people :) 
Germans aren't big on the acknowledging riders thing, which transfers to BMW ownership across the continent. In the UK you'll get a head nod if you get anything. 

Personally, unless acknowledging someone's courtesy in moving over so you can pass etc, I can't see the point. The subcultures that existed in the 1960s and 1970s are virtually non-existent in the UK now. Most 2 wheelers on the road are scooters or commuting bikes. The leisure market is shrinking and would be akin to a hobby rather than a lifestyle.  

Archived