Rukka Armaxis

johan

• Premium Member
dang, for that much I'd like to see 30-50 seasons....
many people find the suit shrinks after a tenth of that time - good for me as I bought a complete Rukka suit for £250 from another forum, wasn't the top of the range Armaxis though, but about a third of the original cost.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Wow, the price on that jacket is CRAZY!! It's more expensive than even the top of the line Aerostich jackets - that's insane! I would much rather have an Aerostich Roadcrafter 1 or 2 piece *complete* coverage setup. A full Rukka setup would be over $2,000 - YOWZA!
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

the reviews I have read are amazeballs but I think I will stick with my plan of buying close-out gear with good reviews and getting new stuff every 2-3 years. NO matter how nice after me beating the snot of of something, living in it for weeks... well, new just smells better :)
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
It is indeed very expensive, but if you depreciate it over five years it's not that bad. Most people agree they are more or less the best and if you take one in your hands you realise that are very very well made. For a weekend jockey or fair weather biker I would say it would be a waste, but if you commute all year round and do a bit of touring it might actually make sense.

I do think Wessie might have a point, buy a used set from someone. You see so many three year old bikes with less than 3,000 miles. Guys with a midlife crisis...

I will go and try them out. I currently use IXS goretex gear, it's not bad but fit could be better. Ease of use; getting the gear on, fit of boots and gloves and placement of protection is as important as water proofing, wind proofing and quality.

I will add once again that if you're doing daily commuting with some long trips in the mix, the Aerostich Roadcrafter 1 and 2 piece suits are the best in the world. I am now on my 3rd 1 piece 'Stich (wore one out, crashed the other one - walked away!) and the "new" one is about 10 years old and looks darn near new. These suits are good for 10 - 20 years or more. And you could have one *fully* customized by Aerostich for less than $200 over the base price of $1,147. And I'll bet ya a nickel that one could put on the 1 piece 'Stich in the same time it takes to put on just the Rukka jacket.

I worked in downtown DC (NASA, White House, FBI, etc.) and commuted there daily in a full business suit under my 'Stich. I'd step into my office, remove the suit and be ready for the next meeting in less than 20 seconds...FWIW, I bought my latest suit off the internet.  It had been worn less than 5 times (it was still stiff) and I paid all of $550 for it.  And it came with every armor option that Aerostich offers.

http://www.aerostich.com/suits/one-piece-suits/roadcrafter-classic/?utm_source=redirects&utm_campaign=301_redirects&utm_medium=roadcrafter.com

PS: Don't get me wrong, the Rukka is top quality kit, for sure!! But it is priced sooo much higher than the Aerostich equivalents and I can see no good reason why...
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
Aerostich is indeed good kit. The lack of a UK or even European distributor puts me off. All well having a good warranty but if you have to faff about sending stuff across the Atlantic it becomes a PITA.

Of course, if one happens to work for a global corporation and can wangle trips across the Atlantic one might be able to cope with that and also avoid the frightful import duty that mail order would attract.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I will be in NY in May and will do some research before I go. I usually just go into the office and back to the airport, but I have been thing about finding a store that sells motorcycle gear, just to have a look at prices.

• Premium Member
If you are taking until May to decide, then go the whole hog (no not him!) and check out the other premium brands, Klim and Halvarssons. As ever, it will come down to sizing as we are all a bit different.

• Premium Member
If you are taking until May to decide, then go the whole hog (no not him!) and check out the other premium brands, Klim and Halvarssons. As ever, it will come down to sizing as we are all a bit different.
I just lost my appetite.  

Archived