Vibranators - Where Can We Buy Them?

I've read all about the Vibranator tuned mass damper that is supposed to be able to significantly reduce the buzziness in the handlebars, especially if you ride without the handguards installed.  However, I've been unable to find a source that can supply them.  Does anyone here have a link to a company actually selling this product for our bikes?

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

>> There's a set for sale by Papawolf over on advrider.<<

Do you have a link? I searched there and couldn't find 'em....
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

Yep, I've now sent two emails to Don in the last 2 weeks without the favor of a reply. Ya gotta wonder about the way some folks run their businesses when you're being asked to *please* sell me your product and you don't even reply. Truly odd.....
-CD-

• 3 weeks later...
Yep, I've now sent two emails to Don in the last 2 weeks without the favor of a reply. Ya gotta wonder about the way some folks run their businesses when you're being asked to *please* sell me your product and you don't even reply. Truly odd.....

I have confirmed with Don at Vibranator that the unit for the FJ1200 works for the FJ-09. They ordered the FJ-09 bar end to confirm measurements.

http://www.vibranator.com/product_p/b10.htm

I'm assuming it'll work only without the stock handguards, but can't confirm this. I'm going with the KTM guards.

Mark.

'16 FJ09 - Mivv Carbon Oval full exhaust¦MCCruise TBW/FJR switch cruise control¦Corbin seat¦GPR steering damper¦Givi D2122S windscreen¦MT-09 Adventure footpegs¦Motodynamic taillight/flushmount signals/fender eliminator¦OEM heated grips¦Shorty levers¦T-Rex sliders¦SW Motech Blaze bags¦KTM handguards¦Vibranators¦Grip Puppies¦CF fender extender¦Pyramid rear hugger extender

• Premium Member
Geez. $120 US for these...glorified barends?

Do they do tricks, light up, or play music at that price? ;)
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Unlike "regular" bar ends, the Vibranators use a tuned damper rod that slides up into the bars. Each bike has a different frequency for its "buzz", and the folks at Vibranator have to fine tune the damper rod to vibrate properly out of sync thus reducing/eliminating the buzz in the bars. So, while they cost a lot more than regular bar ends, they do have some science behind their operation. And, according to owners, they do the job quite well...
-CD-

• Premium Member
Unlike "regular" bar ends, the Vibranators use a tuned damper rod that slides up into the bars. Each bike has a different frequency for its "buzz", and the folks at Vibranator have to fine tune the damper rod to vibrate properly out of sync thus reducing/eliminating the buzz in the bars. So, while they cost a lot more than regular bar ends, they do have some science behind their operation. And, according to owners, they do the job quite well...
They need to tune them for the specific vibes of each model bike and engine, but they don't have one for the FJ-09 and they say the ones from the FJ1200 will work, based on having bought a set of the FJ-09 bar ends.  Apparently all they have of an FJ-09 are the bar ends.   
The FJ1200 is a 4 cylinder bike from the 1980s, and apparently the specific tuning for that bike is the same as for the 3 cylinder FJ-09?  

My BS meter just pegged.

Michael wrote: "My BS meter just pegged."

Yep, after reading that, I have to be more than a little skeptical. There is NO way our CP3 motors, mounting, etc. would cause the same sort of vibrations as an inline 4 from the 80s. I must admit that Michael has opened my eyes more than a bit. If it was only $50, I probably would buy them without batting an eye. But a buck-20 is too much. I do believe they have a 30 day return policy. If so, I still *might* buy them and then report back my findings.

I do know that there is way too much buzz in the bars for my comfort. Same thing with the rider footpegs, especially the right one. I'm hoping the FZ6 footpegs I just got ($25) solve that little problem...
-CD-

• Premium Member
Yep, after reading that, I have to be more than a little skeptical. There is NO way our CP3 motors, mounting, etc. would cause the same sort of vibrations as an inline 4 from the 80s. I must admit that Michael has opened my eyes more than a bit. If it was only $50, I probably would buy them without batting an eye. But a buck-20 is too much. I do believe they have a 30 day return policy. If so, I still *might* buy them and then report back my findings.

I do know that there is way too much buzz in the bars for my comfort. Same thing with the rider footpegs, especially the right one. I'm hoping the FZ6 footpegs I just got ($25) solve that little problem...
Besides, at my age I don't have that much tingling and heart rate left.  I certainly don't want Vibranators reducing what remains!

My exwifea has a few of those, but she cant keep batteries in stock..

Archived