Old Rider, New FJ-09 Owner

michael

• Premium Member
I took delivery of my new matte grey 2015 today. Picked it up for $10,199 out the door, which is a pretty good price for northern California.

Only have about 30 miles on it so far, but I sure don't find much to criticize on it so far. The suspension is WAY better than I expected, better in some ways than the WP stuff on my KTM 690 Enduro was after SuperPlush tried twice to make them work right. I can live with this setup for a while, although I probably will upgrade the suspension at some point.

Wow, the lights on this bike are the best I have ever had on any bike. Bravo, Yamaha. Started riding in 1968 and this is my 25th bike. This is also the first Yamaha I have ever owned.

Congratulations on the new scooter, old timer!! I'm an old timer, too, been riding about 48 years, had 40 or so bikes during that time. The FJ is certainly my most favorite, due in large part to the fact that I bought the (faster) red model. Good God man, what were you thinking!! I'm inclined to let it go this time since you're still a young whipper-snapper ....

Best Wishes,
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

Congratulations on the new scooter, old timer!! I'm an old timer, too, been riding about 48 years, had 40 or so bikes during that time. The FJ is certainly my most favorite, due in large part to the fact that I bought the (faster) red model. Good God man, what were you thinking!! I'm inclined to let it go this time since you're still a young whipper-snapper <g>.... 
Best Wishes,

Archived