This weather is killing me! No sweet rides for me.

rambodog

Torrential downpours everyday all day down here in Florida have had my bike inside for 2 weeks! I know there are other places that have it worse with the snow and whatnot, but in Florida I'm supposed to be able to ride year round! I know, I know, some of you guys have probably been garaged for months. I'm just being a baby.

• Premium Member
Contrary to popular belief, motorcycles and their riders do not dissolve in rain.

It's 22C or 72F according to weather.com so plenty warm enough

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Yep, I'm in So Fla, too, and it went from 92 deg. F at Christmas to 45 deg. seemingly overnight. And when it wasn't "cold", it was raining. In fact, it's pissing down rain right now. I've only been able to squeeze in 200 mi. of riding since I got the bike - damn!!

-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

Torrential downpours everyday all day down here in Florida have had my bike inside for 2 weeks! I know there are other places that have it worse with the snow and whatnot, but in Florida I'm supposed to be able to ride year round! I know, I know, some of you guys have probably been garaged for months. I'm just being a baby.
Not being able to ride from early November to late April, I would say you're being a bit of a baby.  But I know I can't ride during that time, even even worth thinking about. I understand you pain. but go out and get wet, for the people that can't ride! 

Lol, a little rain never bothers me but we're talking tornado winds and standing water here for days on end. Originally being from Ohio, I fully understand not being able to ride for months, but that's when we'd break out the snowmobiles! Looks like today is gonna have some sun and I'll be able to try out my new levers that I just installed. I hope everyone else out there gets a ride in soon!

• Premium Member
Just went out for a ride in the Cotswold Hills and caught the tail end of Hurricane Henry. No rain but that was quite a fierce crosswind as I went across the plateau. Static temp of 5C but a lot less with windchill, so glad to have heated grips, waistcoat & insoles.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived