Re-keyable lock cylinders

Hey all, its been a while!

I did a quick search for the lock cylinders, and the little chips that allow you to re-key them. Yammy now has a set for sale for the top case part number 2PP-F81C0-V0-00, that will also work for the side luggage! For the $30 bucks I figured I'd give it a whirl. Alas, my cylinders used up all of one size quickly. 
I'm not comfortable trying to grind the chips like some folks have mentioned... SOOOOOO...
Any chance you other guys might have this re-key kit? Maybe we can set up an exchange for the chips and help each other out?

• Premium Member
Hey all, its been a while! 
I did a quick search for the lock cylinders, and the little chips that allow you to re-key them. Yammy now has a set for sale for the top case part number 2PP-F81C0-V0-00, that will also work for the side luggage! For the $30 bucks I figured I'd give it a whirl. Alas, my cylinders used up all of one size quickly. 
I'm not comfortable trying to grind the chips like some folks have mentioned... SOOOOOO...
Any chance you other guys might have this re-key kit? Maybe we can set up an exchange for the chips and help each other out?

As long as you can get 3 out of 5 wafers to line up, you're good. Just go with that. Remove the other two. Doesn't feel any less secure functionally with the key. If someone wants to bust the lock and they can do with 3 wafers in place, they'd succeed with 5 as well. 
I've got both side cases and 39L top box working with the ignition key by simply swapping the wafers between the 3 cylinders.
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

I'll check with a locksmith through my work, that may be the path of least resistance. root, I'm trying to get the number 4 chips. I need 4 more of them (Im lucky that my cylinders take 3 of them each and I didn't have extras from what I had from existing spots.

If anyone needs 1 or 3, I have a ton of extras of those and happy to share.

• 4 years later...

Chip exchange is a great idea. I took my cylinders to a locksmith and he matched them to the ignition key for less than $20 while I waited.  

I have done that as well.  For those who think they can't do it you should think again and go for it.   Couple youtube videos and some instructions here on the forum about how its done but it is super easy.   Don't overthink it and there is not really a way to mess it up.   I have never touched a lock before trying this and now have done several of them.  I am now on my 3rd FJ with bags and 3rd rekey lockset.   Also hit me up if you dont get it sorted and I can walk you though it if needed. 

• 5 months later...
  • Supporting Member

Looking to trade some tumblers / wafers  to re key my FJR luggage cam locks to the ignition.

I have extra numbers  1,3 &6's.      I need some numbers 2's. 

I have.... 4 extra number 1's,     6 extra number 3's      and 3 extra number 4's.

I need.... 6 number 2's.

I also have a motor cycle helmet lock with two keys to trade for the number 2's or some miscellaneous parts from the 3 camlock set part number 5P5-28406-01

I've got cash too 😐

Send me a message through this forum if interested.

screenshot.png

Edited by Heli ATP