SW Blaze luggage

cosmo

• Premium Member
Has anyone installed the SW Motech Blaze soft luggage? If so, please let me know your experiences. Also, will it interfere with a tail rack?
Yep, I have them, and really like them.It takes about 15 minutes to fit up the brackets for them, and you are in business. They are designed to stay out of the back wheel and look good doing it. They are light weight and small profile and will hold 44 liters expqanded. They are easy on-easy off and should not interfere with a tail rack. They sling across the passenger seat. 

• Premium Member
Thanks for the info. I understand they have a quick release. If you could confirm, that would be greatly appreciated.
Yep, easy-peasy!  Here's a link to a demo on Twisted Throttle. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/shop-by-product/luggage-racks/saddlebags-textile 
Also, when you are replying to a post, be sure and click  "Quote" so we know who you are replying to.

Thanks for the info. I understand they have a quick release. If you could confirm, that would be greatly appreciated.
Yep, easy-peasy!  Here's a link to a demo on Twisted Throttle. http://www.twistedthrottle.com/shop-by-product/luggage-racks/saddlebags-textile 
Also, when you are replying to a post, be sure and click  "Quote" so we know who you are replying to.

Thanks! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I received a set of the SW-Motech "Blaze" soft panniers today and installed them.  I didn't want anything big like the OEM or Shad ones, just enough to be able to carry stuff for a day trip (raingear, a few tools, water, lunch, etc.). I think these will fit the bill nicely, and one thing I really like is that when they are not on the bike there is almost nothing left behind.

Install was very easy, about 15 minutes, and they come on and off the bike in seconds. BTW, these fine German bags are made in Vietnam ;-)

Both bags mounted normally:

swmotech-blaze-3.jpg

Right hand bag zipped open for expanded capacity:

swmotech-blaze-7.jpg

swmotech-blaze-8.jpg

The red inside of the bag makes it a little easier to find stuff in there and you can see one of the carrying handles. The bags attach together at the handles when off the bike so you can carry them both with one hand:

swmotech-blaze-2.jpg

This is the support bar that is left when you remove the pannier. It unsnaps and removes with no tools:

swmotech-blaze-4.jpg

When you unsnap the support, this is what it looks like. Very clean!

swmotech-blaze-5.jpg

This is the bracket that attaches to the passenger footpeg bracket, and is all that is left behind when you remove the panniers:

swmotech-blaze-6.jpg

Although I did not take pictures of them, there are side pockets for maps and small items, and waterproof dry bags with roll top closures that go inside the panniers to keep your stuff dry in rainy weather. Pretty cool system, I think.

PS: I intend to erase those chickenstrips when I get my Traxxion Dynamics suspension and Penske shock installed.

Wow, Michael, those bags look really, REALLY nice - good on ya! And all the little design features you mentioned (red interior, easily removable standoff, etc.) tells me that SW Motech gave some careful thought before committing to production. I've heard that SW Motech are the suppliers for the Yamaha branded bags. Do you know if this is true?
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
Wow, Michael, those bags look really, REALLY nice - good on ya! And all the little design features you mentioned (red interior, easily removable standoff, etc.) tells me that SW Motech gave some careful thought before committing to production. I've heard that SW Motech are the suppliers for the Yamaha branded bags. Do you know if this is true?
No, I had not heard that.  Could be though.  They're made in Vietnam, so might get sold under several brands.   
I am quite impressed with them though.  Bigger panniers just tempt me to carry more crap, and if they are not easily removable or leave nasty looking racks behind, I tend to leave them on.  You take these things off and there is almost no sign they were ever there.

Motostarz.com had a better price on them than Revzilla so I bought them there.

I received a set of the SW-Motech "Blaze" soft panniers today and installed them.  I didn't want anything big like the OEM or Shad ones, just enough to be able to carry stuff for a day trip (raingear, a few tools, water, lunch, etc.). I think these will fit the bill nicely, and one thing I really like is that when they are not on the bike there is almost nothing left behind.  
Install was very easy, about 15 minutes, and they come on and off the bike in seconds. BTW, these fine German bags are made in Vietnam ;-)

Both bags mounted normally:

swmotech-blaze-3.jpg

Right hand bag zipped open for expanded capacity:

swmotech-blaze-7.jpg

swmotech-blaze-8.jpg

The red inside of the bag makes it a little easier to find stuff in there and you can see one of the carrying handles. The bags attach together at the handles when off the bike so you can carry them both with one hand:

swmotech-blaze-2.jpg

This is the support bar that is left when you remove the pannier. It unsnaps and removes with no tools:

swmotech-blaze-4.jpg

When you unsnap the support, this is what it looks like. Very clean!

swmotech-blaze-5.jpg

This is the bracket that attaches to the passenger footpeg bracket, and is all that is left behind when you remove the panniers:

swmotech-blaze-6.jpg

Although I did not take pictures of them, there are side pockets for maps and small items, and waterproof dry bags with roll top closures that go inside the panniers to keep your stuff dry in rainy weather. Pretty cool system, I think.

PS: I intend to erase those chickenstrips when I get my Traxxion Dynamics suspension and Penske shock installed.

Nice bags. Three questions - how do these bags compare price-wise to the Yamaha branded versions? Will the support bracket receivers still bolt on to the bike if the passenger footage bracket is removed? And, which exhaust are you running?  Thanks!

Archived