How many miles on your FJ?

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, olddawg said:

I just love to ride . 

Then ride all you can. As much as you can. As long and as far as you can. 

I’m the same. I ride every chance I get for as long and as far as I can.  

• Thumbsup 3

Let’s go Brandon

• Premium Member

3 years 25,469 miles going in for the valve adjustment next week.

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
On 1/13/2019 at 2:54 PM, olddawg said:

1/9/19  142,000

odometer.jpg

Holy crap!!!!! 😳

• Thumbsup 1

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, gnr said:

Let us know if yours are tight? Thanks.

Will do. 

2016, 8000 miles, I honestly don’t like the FJ. Between the death wobble and the vibration I think it has some poorly engineered, unfixable problems that keep it from ever being a good bike.  God knows I’ve thrown enough cash at to try to make it one.

• Supporting Member
20 hours ago, sdb said:

2016, 8000 miles, I honestly don’t like the FJ. Between the death wobble and the vibration I think it has some poorly engineered, unfixable problems that keep it from ever being a good bike.  God knows I’ve thrown enough cash at to try to make it one.

Time for you to buy a Harley😁

• Thumbsup 1
  • Haha 2

He who dies with the most toys wins.

14 hours ago, roadrash83 said:

Time for you to buy a Harley😁

Hah! I saw a bottle of water jump out of a cup holder on a Harley from the vibration, I think it might be the wrong direction.  I've got my eye on an S1000XR, I rode a friend's and its the best bike I've ever been on.  Basically a race bike with bags.

• Thumbsup 1

• Supporting Member
6 minutes ago, sdb said:

Hah! I saw a bottle of water jump out of a cup holder on a Harley from the vibration, I think it might be the wrong direction.  I've got my eye on an S1000XR, I rode a friend's and its the best bike I've ever been on.  Basically a race bike with bags.

I can't argue that the S1000XR is not a great bike. I had an S1000rr best bike I have ever owned, what an incredible engine. I traded it in on the 900GT because I had my neck fused and I couldn't ride the bike without pain. I looked real hard at a new XR and I just could not justify the price. Good luck with your hunt for the XR, you will not be disappointed.   

• Thumbsup 1

He who dies with the most toys wins.

• Supporting Member
3 hours ago, sdb said:

I've got my eye on an S1000XR, I rode a friend's and its the best bike I've ever been on.  Basically a race bike with bags.

Very nice bike indeed.  Do some research on bike vibration with that model, I'm not sure if it is only specific years but there were lots of reports of handlebar vibrations.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 1/13/2019 at 1:54 PM, olddawg said:

1/9/19  142,000  3/24/19 150,000

360278267_1(2).jpg.a73af8e6a2991d0dba0fbb7d5007f16b.jpg

Edited by olddawg
update 7/20/2020 215,000 miles. 8/5/2020- 216,00 11/17/20- 230,000 miles 8/31/20 220,000 0 miles.
  • Thumbsup 6