How many miles on your FJ?

• Premium Member

I have about 20,400 miles on my 2015 FJ-09, started riding it Feb 0f 2017 (purchased dec 2016).

• I replaced the clutch cable at 14k miles because it felt funny, which it had started fraying.  I got the updated part. 
  • I replaced the front brake pads at 20k service.

No problems at all with the bike.  Recalls were performed without issue at the dealer.

I loved it at first, then I didn't love it, and now I love it again.    It's an amazing motorcycle that does exactly what it's designed to do.  The CP3 engine has always been a wonderful experience.  It's just a lot of fun.  I think any issues I might have had from the bike are sourced from me either trying to make it into something it's not or expecting it to be something it's not.  Mostly trying to get more aggressive ergonomics out of it.

• Thumbsup 1

• 3 weeks later...

Coming up on 26k on my 2015.  I just put on my third set of tires, Bridgestone Battlax T31, great tires.  I'm on my second chain and sprokets and still on my original clutch cable.  I am finding that my bike is getting buzzy.  I'm hoping a throttle body sync will take care of that.  I'm also concerned that my drive train is starting to whine more than normal, especially in 5th gear.  I still love this bike.

Brad
Selbyville, DE

• Supporting Member
On 6/3/2019 at 7:45 PM, redfjniner said:

Did 11,000 in the last two month, Now showing 85,350 miles.  Pic from Joseph OR on my way home from Mccall, ID.

20190603_100741.jpg

@redfjniner - you're killing me...  I live in the same region as you and follow your ride reports.  I am familiar with a lot of the areas you write about and am green with envy at all of the riding you do.  Central Oregon, Northern California, Idaho... SOOO many fantastic roads.  Stay safe out there.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

• Supporting Member
45 minutes ago, BVEBRAD said:

Coming up on 26k on my 2015.  I just put on my third set of tires, Bridgestone Battlax T31, great tires.

I just installed a set of Battlax S21's yesterday, another great Bridgestone tire.  They should be shot by August, I have another set of T31's in the garage ready for a trip through Utah and Colorado in September, glad to hear that you like the tires, this is my 3rd set of S21's but first time trying the T31's.

• Thumbsup 2

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

On 6/7/2019 at 7:03 AM, betoney said:

I just installed a set of Battlax S21's yesterday, another great Bridgestone tire.  They should be shot by August, I have another set of T31's in the garage ready for a trip through Utah and Colorado in September, glad to hear that you like the tires, this is my 3rd set of S21's but first time trying the T31's.

I'm going to try the Avon Trail Riders AV53,54's.

• Thumbsup 1

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• 2 weeks later...

Are you kidding me? Nice! I have 43k in 3 years and thought I was doing well. Repairs?  I’ve had to replace my stator since the crank position sensor took a white and it’s on the stator. 12 sets of tires. All other mods were at my choice and there were many. 

• 2 months later...

174000 miles on 8/31/19  179,000 on 9/22/19 

174000.jpg

Edited by olddawg
update 7/20/2020 215,000 miles. 8/5/2020- 216,00 11/17/20- 230,000 All stock except windshield and CCT . Doesn't use any oil, no fluid leaks , original clutch, no bearings or seals replaced . 8/31/20 220,000 0 miles.
  • Thumbsup 5
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

35,500 on the odometer after my 500+ mile ride on Saturday,

Purchased my Red FJ 09 in October 2015. Not nearly as many miles as some, I only rode for fun for the first 2-3 years. Now I hardly use my car.

Love this Bike!

Odometer.jpg