How I fixed my FJ's Wobble - Headshake

Guest captrob73

captrob's settings pretty much fixed my wobble issues THANKS. i initially used your settings but i found the ride too harsh, we have a lot of bumps on our roads so i eased off on the preloads front and back, and also on the front rebound dampning. im pretty sure im gona be upgrading that crap suspension as soon as i can. with the ecu flash it should be a pretty decent bike. thanks again captrob for sharing your settings.

... the first thong I'll do is raise the forks in the triple clamps 5-6mm. Puts more weight on the front wheel, stops it from trying to lift off above 100 mph. With over 500K on m/c's over the years all bikes handling issues have been cured with:Raising the forks and/or raising the rear end; works for almost all bikes as they come from the Factory to understeer...
Do you just loosen the triple clamp and push/pull the forks to achieve this? I'm interested in your method... 5-6mm is enough to make a difference?  

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

Hmmm. Both my wife and I have '15 FJ09s. Hers has a Puig touring windscreen, mine is stock. I've had them both up to the top speed (indicated 114) with no problem and suspension settings as from the factory. I do run tires at 36-37 front and 40-41 rear.

Hmmm. Both my wife and I have '15 FJ09s. Hers has a Puig touring windscreen, mine is stock. I've had them both up to the top speed (indicated 114) with no problem and suspension settings as from the factory. I do run tires at 36-37 front and 40-41 rear.

i think rider weight has a lot to do with it, i also noticed that wind also dident help, i weight 220lbs and the damm thing would wobble a 120 km/h (70mph i think).

Archived