Side bags or Top Box ?

ilanr1

• Premium Member
I use my Shad SH-48 top case for everyday riding in the Bay Area--this carries everything I need, and my SH-36 side cases affect my lane splitting confidence.

I've used the side cases for longer trips, in conjunction with top case! Keep your heavy stuff and "luggage" in the side cases, and use the top box for the things you'll need access to, and if you have room, you can stash your helmet in it when you stop.

And if you find yourself going on a trip two-up, you'll DEFINITELY need the extra space!

Locking hard cases are the way to go for me. With a tank bag, I'd either be lugging it around with me, or worried someone would steal it.

I have the Yamaha hard bags and wanted a little more lockable space. I didn't care for the tall top box or the price also didn't need that much space.  Perfect for me was a all aluminum lockable pistol case.  I drilled two holes in the bottom and bolted it to my tail rack, very solid and you can't see the bolts.

Pistol case. Only in USA!...great idea. I wonder if I can get something here.

Any piccys OldDawg?
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

What I do miss is an accessory that I had on my R1150GS; a nice bit of aluminium plate that that replaced the pillion seat, turning it into a rack.
That would be a really nice accessory for when I do long solo rides. I'm sure you could make something, but it would require buying a second passenger seat

Normally on forums you have to host them somewhere, say photobucket or similar, then post the link here.
Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Archived