Bagster Tank Bags

johan

• Premium Member
@wessie, not wanting to hi-jack the thread about Top Boxes v Side Cases I thought I'd create a new thread.

The Baglux cover fits well and provides protection to the tank as well as very convenient clip on attachment points for a tank bag. I works well but the problem is that none of their tank bags fit well on the Tracer. I don't want a large bag that gets in the way - just somewhere to keep my wallet, mobile phone, keys and gate remote, my access card for parking at the office, toll tickets etc. I tried one of the larger ones and it got in my way. I then tried a smaller one (driver I think) and found it comfortable to ride with, but it is shallow and the slope of the tank means that when I open it stuff falls out. The Tracer's tank is short and it slopes.

I have now ordered the SW Motech Quick-lock EVO Engage (who thinks up these names). The measurements seem to make sense and it is designed for a sloping tank. @peporter sports one on his avatar and he has reviewed it elsewhere. They are available with/without 12V power. I took the one without, there is a cable port at the front and if I need to charge a phone I can use the accessories outlet.

• Premium Member
I'm sure there was a question in there somewhere about whether anyone has found a Bagster/Baglux bag that fit the Tracer without the problem @johan mentioned.

I use an Alpha bag with the universal tank harness - this does the job but is not ideal in that the straps come loose occasionally on the harness and the bag is quite wide meaning it will foul the bars on full lock or you get that inadvertent horn beeping we have all heard whenever a Pan European comes into view.

So, any Baglux tank bag fans here? What do you use?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I'm sure there was a question in there somewhere about whether anyone has found a Bagster/Baglux bag that fit the Tracer without the problem @johan mentioned. 
I use an Alpha bag with the universal tank harness - this does the job but is not ideal in that the straps come loose occasionally on the harness and the bag is quite wide meaning it will foul the bars on full lock or you get that inadvertent horn beeping we have all heard whenever a Pan European comes into view.

The silver cover will be a definite improvement for your bike.

• Premium Member

The silver cover will be a definite improvement for your bike.

from your perspective maybe - help keep your mind off the realisation you bought the wrong colour

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived