ECU Flash in Canada? (GTA)

likebutta

Given where the dollar is at, I'd be interested in this too...
I think that's the main problem for me right now.  If our dollar was closer, it wouldn't be such a bad idea.  But right now, it's $500 CAD -before- factoring in shipping/insurance costs.   I'm checking around with some friends to see if there are any local sources. 

• 3 months later...
Yep, had my FJ09 done.
I didn't have it dyno tuned just reflashed, but the Flash Tune is pretty much a completely new program. My main reason for having it done was because I was finding that my shifting was jerky, I believe that is because the original program shuts the fuel right off when you let off on the throttle and the new program still lets a bit of fuel in. All in all I've been quite happy with it since the reflash, I just have the standard program from Flash Tune but Fast Company can modify it if you wanted. Fast Company was good to deal with and they were doing a motor for Jordan Szoke when I was there so I figure they have a good reputation.

• 4 months later...
Yep, had my FJ09 done. I didn't have it dyno tuned just reflashed, but the Flash Tune is pretty much a completely new program. My main reason for having it done was because I was finding that my shifting was jerky, I believe that is because the original program shuts the fuel right off when you let off on the throttle and the new program still lets a bit of fuel in. All in all I've been quite happy with it since the reflash, I just have the standard program from Flash Tune but Fast Company can modify it if you wanted. Fast Company was good to deal with and they were doing a motor for Jordan Szoke when I was there so I figure they have a good reputation.
Great, thanks... I will reach out to them and ask some questions.
Hey Piotrek did you get your ECU reflashed by Fast Company and if so are you happy with the results. What do they charge for a baseline reflash? 
Cheers

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I highly recommend 2WD, they did mine after I changed exhaust and the FJ runs like a champ. Just box up the ecu and ship it to them, they turn it around quick.

They are super-responsive if you ask them any questions too.
Great customer service!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Guys,

2015 rider here. Been away from the site for a bit, and thought I would drop in with my $0.02...

While doing a kijiji search one day, I found someone with a ad posted about ecu flashing. Long story short, rode my bike to Toronto from Hamilton, helped take the bike apart to get the unit out, and then let him work his magic.

The whole thing took a couple of hours or so. Price was around the $300-400 range if I remember correctly.

I just did a kijiji search and couldn't find him, but if anyone is interested his "handle" is JSFlashtune. His facebook page under the same name has my bike listed May 27, 2018.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Archived