ECU Flash in Canada? (GTA)

likebutta

11 minutes ago, piotrek said:

Finally someone local, and price is competitive... thanks for sharing (link). Did the guy just flash the ECU, or dyno tuned your bike. Just wondering why it took two hours.

Hey Pio,

I believe I was his first FJ09. So it was a learning curve to find out what needed to be done to get at the ECU. We were also talking about MotoGp, Isle of Mann etc. So it wasn't exactly a rush job. He charges by the job, not the hour I guess...

Then we put the bike back together, test ride, and then back to the shop. Then properly buttoned the bike up and that was that.

And flash only, no dyno.

Cheers!

• Supporting Member
50 minutes ago, hammer said:

I believe I was his first FJ09. So it was a learning curve to find out what needed to be done to get at the ECU.

That statement is kind of concerning.  How did he develop a fuel map for your ECU flash if he didn't know how to even access the ECU?  The key to the flash is developing a fuel map which would include countless hours on the dyno, trial and error and writing to the ECU countless times before releasing to the public. 

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

39 minutes ago, betoney said:

That statement is kind of concerning.  How did he develop a fuel map for your ECU flash if he didn't know how to even access the ECU?  The key to the flash is developing a fuel map which would include countless hours on the dyno, trial and error and writing to the ECU countless times before releasing to the public. 

I am not a computer guy...so...My advice is contact him directly and find out.

But...my GUESS is that since this engine is shared with other bikes, I'm sure they have have all been tested. All you need to do is buy the program and find the one that suits your needs, ie: the version released to the public, then in turn download it to your bike.

Cheers!

8 hours ago, piotrek said:

If you flip through his FB page, it would appear he develops his maps... so hopefully the map was at least based on the FZ that he developed. He makes a reference to the FZ in his FB entry for the FJ job. I think I might call him up and inquire. This would be a great resource for the gang up here.

I just shot him a message.  I'll see what he has to say.  I'm all stock and just want a few things adjusted( smoother, not as much decel, lower fan temps, speed limiter removal, QS ).  I'll post back with any info

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:07 AM, stumpy said:

I just shot him a message.  I'll see what he has to say.  I'm all stock and just want a few things adjusted( smoother, not as much decel, lower fan temps, speed limiter removal, QS ).  I'll post back with any info

When he did my bike, I had to ride home on the 401 to the QEW. What SNATCHY throttle?

Cheers!

On 2/6/2019 at 11:22 PM, piotrek said:

If you flip through his FB page, it would appear he develops his maps... so hopefully the map was at least based on the FZ that he developed. He makes a reference to the FZ in his FB entry for the FJ job. I think I might call him up and inquire. This would be a great resource for the gang up here.

Since this is involving me, i thought i might respond if thats okay with the forum mods... Yes, i do develop the maps both on and off the dyno. I like getting feedback from the riders with the throttle response and smoothness. And many riders allow me to test their bikes to really make sure the throttle is perfect (for bikes i havent developed yet, and mostly Yamaha models really need the throttle tweaked). The Off-the shelf unrestricted maps on in the ft- tuning suite are sometimes either too aggressive, or have little to no changes, so one most be careful when using these maps. Also, the fz09,xsr900, fj09 maps are all 99% the same with minor differences varying per year and ecu denso #.

I use the oem maps provided in the tuning suite and use that as the starting point. It takes quite a bit of time developing the first bike for fueling, ignition timing, throttle, and engine breaking. Once the first model/bike is completed, the changes to the fueling are minimal depending on the modifications. Keeping that in mind, people who i do flash have the option to put the bike on the dyno for a bit extra $ to see how the bike is running, or if you get the bike dialed in on the dyno, you will see anyway. $300 for just a base flash, and $550 starting for dynotune/flash (every bike) +$50 for any ecu that isnt under the seat, and +$50 for extra adjustments (quickshifter, launch control, piggyback fuel controllers, etc) 3 reflashes included for future mods, money back if your not satisfied 100%. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2019 at 1:45 PM, Jsflashtune said:

Since this is involving me, i thought i might respond if thats okay with the forum mods... Yes, i do develop the maps both on and off the dyno. I like getting feedback from the riders with the throttle response and smoothness. And many riders allow me to test their bikes to really make sure the throttle is perfect (for bikes i havent developed yet, and mostly Yamaha models really need the throttle tweaked). The Off-the shelf unrestricted maps on in the ft- tuning suite are sometimes either too aggressive, or have little to no changes, so one most be careful when using these maps. Also, the fz09,xsr900, fj09 maps are all 99% the same with minor differences varying per year and ecu denso #.

I use the oem maps provided in the tuning suite and use that as the starting point. It takes quite a bit of time developing the first bike for fueling, ignition timing, throttle, and engine breaking. Once the first model/bike is completed, the changes to the fueling are minimal depending on the modifications. Keeping that in mind, people who i do flash have the option to put the bike on the dyno for a bit extra $ to see how the bike is running, or if you get the bike dialed in on the dyno, you will see anyway. $300 for just a base flash, and $550 starting for dynotune/flash (every bike) +$50 for any ecu that isnt under the seat, and +$50 for extra adjustments (quickshifter, launch control, piggyback fuel controllers, etc) 3 reflashes included for future mods, money back if your not satisfied 100%. 

JSFlashtune - do you need the bike to perform the base flash? Or can we bring you the ECU and save the time and $50?

Also - have you flashed a Tracer GT model yet?

Thank in advance,

Rob

I know Florida is not very Local for Canada, but Vcyclenut.com has a flash for the GT (and previous models) and is only $200 USD. Lifetime reflashes and sets it up beautifully. I mailed mine a week ago and get it back today or tomorrow.

Somehow I accidentally JSFlashtunes reply to several of our posts, so I'm pasting it back in from an email:

Hey Rob,

I do not need the bike to perform the flash. You can just bring me the ecu, but the price is $300 whether you bring me the ecu or the bike. You are paying for same day flash convenience. You dont run the risk of getting your ecu lost or damaged in the mail, and if you ever need changes, I am local. Plus, if you are not satisfied within the first week, I refund you no questions asked.

As for the tracer GT, I am assuming it's the 2019 model you are referring to? I have not flashed this model year. I just checked the map online, and it is the exact same as the fz09/fj09/xsr900 maps minus very minute differences. For new model bikes 2019+, I need to confirm that the OEM maps in the ft suite are even supported. In this instance, there is only 1 ecu supported for this year atm, so I cannot guarantee that all 2019 tracer ecu's are supported yet.

The only other times for special prices is when:

- I sponsor 1-2 riders in local race series (soar, race, csbk)

- charity/shop event when I am supporting speedlab or an event like blocko, otr, or grand opening.

- map development

I have had to reflash ecu's from the states from other flashtuners for various reasons. Sometimes, the ft software has bugs in it. For instance, the gsxr 600/750 maps from 2006-2007, the fuel idle/in gear maps are reversed. Sometimes, my maps have shown better results or they want to get their bike dialed in on the dyno.

38 minutes ago, thepmh said:

I know Florida is not very Local for Canada, but Vcyclenut.com has a flash for the GT (and previous models) and is only $200 USD. Lifetime reflashes and sets it up beautifully. I mailed mine a week ago and get it back today or tomorrow.

200usd starting is the same if not more than 300$CAD when shipping/conversion/insurance/tax is put into play with most U.S. flashtuners plus the wait of 1-3 weeks not being local.

47 minutes ago, rlambke19 said:

Somehow I accidentally JSFlashtunes reply to several of our posts, so I'm pasting it back in from an email:

Hey Rob,

I do not need the bike to perform the flash. You can just bring me the ecu, but the price is $300 whether you bring me the ecu or the bike. You are paying for same day flash convenience. You dont run the risk of getting your ecu lost or damaged in the mail, and if you ever need changes, I am local. Plus, if you are not satisfied within the first week, I refund you no questions asked.

As for the tracer GT, I am assuming it's the 2019 model you are referring to? I have not flashed this model year. I just checked the map online, and it is the exact same as the fz09/fj09/xsr900 maps minus very minute differences. For new model bikes 2019+, I need to confirm that the OEM maps in the ft suite are even supported. In this instance, there is only 1 ecu supported for this year atm, so I cannot guarantee that all 2019 tracer ecu's are supported yet.

The only other times for special prices is when:

- I sponsor 1-2 riders in local race series (soar, race, csbk)

- charity/shop event when I am supporting speedlab or an event like blocko, otr, or grand opening.

- map development

I have had to reflash ecu's from the states from other flashtuners for various reasons. Sometimes, the ft software has bugs in it. For instance, the gsxr 600/750 maps from 2006-2007, the fuel idle/in gear maps are reversed. Sometimes, my maps have shown better results or they want to get their bike dialed in on the dyno.

38 minutes ago, thepmh said:

200usd starting is the same if not more than 300$CAD when shipping/conversion/insurance/tax is put into play with most U.S. flashtuners plus the wait of 1-3 weeks not being local.

Not sure what happened to my reply. But I think you asked about the extra $50 for being under the seat? That only applies when we are Flashing/dynotuning your bike which would be $600, not just flashing the ecu. The cost is $300 if you just want an ecu flash. If you would like to know if your ecu is supported, private message me your ecu denso #, which is a sticker located on your ecu, and i will check for you.

Hi @Jsflashtune. I’m going to temporarily lock this thread until I can check with the forum owner on the trading rules. Apologies in advance if I’ve called it wrong.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• BBB locked this topic

Archived