South Florida FJ Owners!!!

fjjouster

• Premium Member
Give me a month to get my house sold and close on the new house and I'm cleared by the wife to pull the trigger! We're only 3 hours apart, which doesn't seem like it would be too bad on the FJ. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Glidewell, I would be up for a meet and ride some time on a Saturdays.I live in Boca Raton had a bmw r1200gs just traded it for the fj09 loving the fj09 so far! :)
Mitch
Let me know more about your new purchase, and how often you ride! 
i ride at least every sunday morning and whenever i can slip in a cruise otherwise.

im in boca raton as well, we should schedule that ride!

Been mostly riding bmw gs for the last 20 or so years was ready for a change been following the fz 09 hoping they would coming out with a touring version.When they did I made the change been happy so far mostly riding local and commuting to work right now.Mitch 

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm based out of Palm Beach Gardens for the next couple months. No bike at present but I hope to have one in-house before I head up to Asheville - my new permanent digs. However. if I am able to score an FJ between now and then I would certainly love to burn some rubber with some local boys.

And once I get settled in Asheville and setup for guests, I will be throwing out the welcome mat for any who'd like a place to bunk prior to hitting the really good stuff to be found near the Hunts (Motorcycle) Lodge in Tellico Plains, TN. Look it up, Jack and Lori are swell folks and very experienced, long time riders...

http://www.huntslodge.com/

-CD-
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys,

I've been a lurker here for a bit doing some reading. I'm on the fence as to whether or not I want to go for the FJ-09.

I have about 25+ years of riding experience to include being a former trackday control rider, and mountain twisty visitor at least 4-5 trips a year. I am slowing down a bit as I approach 45 y/o this year, but I still love a sporty ride. I'm looking for something more sport/touring oriented with the upright riding position.

I've owned the Italian steed that seems to have started this category (2011 Ducati Multistrada S), and my current ride is a 2012 Aprilia Tuono V4R (with forged Aprilia wheels and full Ohlins front/rear and damper).

I'll be blunt... I cannot find a place that will allow test rides, so I was wondering if anyone on this South Fla thread would care to accommodate?

If nothing more, maybe a meet up so I can pick your brain on the bike.

I currently have the Tuono up for sale/trade (looking for another Multi 1200).

Ride safe out there (South Fla is crazy!)...

Pick and link of the Tuono... http://s56.photobucket.com/user/CCLINTON33/library/2012%20Aprilia%20Tuono%20V4R?sort=3&page=1

IMG_6692_zps6y7qqe12.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
i have decided to sell my FJ09. under 800 miles already performed Oil change. it is due now for first service.

when i purchased the bike, i pre purchased extended warranty, prepaid service at Riva motorsport, or other yamaha dealer, and Find It Now GPS locator, and everything else Dealer offered. the bike has great coverage that is transferable. i will review with anyone that would like to take a look.

Archived