Best windscreen?

Sorry if this has been asked before - I was just wondering what the best windscreen for the FJ-09 is. The stock one is not good because it deflects the air right at my head and causes it to be extremely noisy - much noisier than my sportbike in fact.

Some of the screens out there look way too big and don't really suit the bike as well IMO. I like the Zero Gravity one the most, but am scared that it may not be tall enough to push the air over my helmet. Does anyone have any experience with that one?

I would also like to keep my hand guards as well.

Thanks!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
there's a whole section dedicated to posts about windscreens - and you won't find any consistency about what is best as there are so many variables. Enjoy your reading at http://fj-09.org/board/38/fj-09-windshields
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
there's a whole section dedicated to posts about windscreens - and you won't find any consistency about what is best as there are so many variables. Enjoy your reading at http://fj-09.org/board/38/fj-09-windshields
And here: http://fj-09.org/thread/2841/givi-d2122s-windscreen 
Maybe we could get one of the moderators to move the Givi thread over?
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

PUT A SHEEP SKIN SEAT COVER ON AND IT THREW OFF WINDSHIELD ABOUT 1-2 INCHES, NOW SITTING TOO HIGH TO GET OUT OF NOISE AND HELMET BUFFERING  I  BOUGHT AND TRIED THE CAL SCI WINDSHIELD DID NOT CARE FOR IT TOO MUCH WIND BLOCKAGE AND MADE THE BIKE LOOK LIKE A TOURING BIKE WICH I DONT LIKE ITS NOW IN THE FOR SALE SECTION MY SOLUTION REDRILLED STOCK WINDSHIELD HOLES AND MOVED UP WAY BETTER AND STILL LOOKS GOOD AND WIND GOES OVER MY HEAD PERFECT.

I  BOUGHT AND TRIED THE CAL SCI WINDSHIELD DID NOT CARE FOR IT TOO MUCH WIND BLOCKAGE AND MADE THE BIKE LOOK LIKE A TOURING BIKE WICH I DONT LIKE ITS NOW IN THE FOR SALE SECTION MY SOLUTION REDRILLED STOCK WINDSHIELD HOLES AND MOVED UP WAY BETTER AND STILL LOOKS GOOD AND WIND GOES OVER MY HEAD PERFECT.
How far did you move the holes? 

PUT A SHEEP SKIN SEAT COVER ON AND IT THREW OFF WINDSHIELD ABOUT 1-2 INCHES, NOW SITTING TOO HIGH TO GET OUT OF NOISE AND HELMET BUFFERING  I  BOUGHT AND TRIED THE CAL SCI WINDSHIELD DID NOT CARE FOR IT TOO MUCH WIND BLOCKAGE AND MADE THE BIKE LOOK LIKE A TOURING BIKE WICH I DONT LIKE ITS NOW IN THE FOR SALE SECTION MY SOLUTION REDRILLED STOCK WINDSHIELD HOLES AND MOVED UP WAY BETTER AND STILL LOOKS GOOD AND WIND GOES OVER MY HEAD PERFECT.
sdYu9KH.gif    Caps lock 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
Hey guys, which oil is best??
Because I strongly believe in recycling I always go down to the local chip shop for a gallon of used frying oil. I do filter it to get rid of any potato residue. It always smells best after the first mile or so. If it's good enough for a Honda C90 it's good enough for the Tracer.

• Premium Member
@cookiemonster definitely read what else has been posted here about windshields. Also try to find folks in your area who may have various of the aftermarket windshields. I'm in San Francisco and we can go for a ride some time and once I verify that you aren't insane :-D we can swap for a bit.

Also post your height, inseam, helmet type, and your goals for the windshield (eg., making things quieter vs. getting air off chest; do you want it easily adjustable or don't care?).

I got the Madstad 24", and while there were definitely some glitches in the whole process, I'm pretty satisfied with where I'm at now. (I'm 5'10", 32"? inseam, Shoei Qwest, and was trying to get quiet!)

Good luck and please report back (in the windscreen thread I suppose!).

• Premium Member
Hey guys, which oil is best??
Well, it really depends on the use, but often times I prefer avocado oil, though you can't go wrong with good ole fashioned olive oil.

I like the idea of coconut oil myself. Nothing like smelling like a Mounds bar as you go down the road (though maybe not a good idea in bear country).

Archived