Fj 09 Display Problem

tray

Hello guys, I come from Hong Kong and I have the same situation just like you all.
This problem happened when my ODO was about 9300km and I own the bike for 14 months.
I wonder is this NORMAL for FJ09, so I google it and found that there are so many FJ09 have the same problem.
I didn't tell my dealer that I got this problem yet because my bike was already out of the warranty, I don't know how to do now.
So I disassemble the display 4 hours before and find out what happen and I found that the anti-fog coating was already melted on the back of my display(cover)
I put some Anti-fog coating for glass and wipe it for several times, now, I still wait for the result and what will happen.
By the way, I ride my bike everyday in all weather.
If I got the some problem tomorrow, I think I will go to the dealer and Fxxx them.

I think this problem is the global FJ09 problem, so if you guys get this problem, please noted here and tell us where do you come from (and simple English please, because my english is not so good XD)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello,

Do you have any update about the display?

I'm from Portugal and i have this problem. Change the display one time and it was the same with my new one. Gonna install a second one in the next few weeks.

thanks,

• 1 month later...
Mine is now showing the same issue, its a 2015 model and now has 5000 miles on it. I spoke to my dealer today and they say that they have never heard of this issue before, luckily I took photos of the water ingress and the service manager found them very interesting. Its still under warranty so I'll wait till the service to get it sorted. I will let you know how it turns out

Put a small ink dot on your display. If they are covering it under warranty I have a hard time believing they dont get a whole new unit. Hide that dot well and see if they replace it or not!
Smart, if I would send a plate of food back at a restaurant I would do the same with a plate. 

Archived