Soon to be!

cjm0987

Hello everyone! Hope this is in the right section. I am a (hopefully) soon to be owner of a 2015 or 2016 fj 09 :) and my first priority is grinding down the oil pan bolt guard. And ordering the low profile bolt with an oring or crush washer. Probably a crush washer. I noticed something odd! Here in Arizona we have ride now motorsports and one in Chandler has a 2015 for $8250 while another has one for $10490. Why would that be? Anyone know? I checked and both are brand new. Oh! More about introduction. Started out on a Honda rebel, then moved to a Gsxr 600 and now my physical therapist says stop riding, get a new bike with a more upright position, or face back problems when you're 30. So here I am. I've been staring at this bike for a long time now and I've decided. Anything besides the oil pan clearance I should watch out for? Full coverage will only be $161 a month for me. Can you believe that? Awesome haha like no sarcasm.

If you get a 2016 model, it should already have the new, improved oil pan on it. So don't forget that in your negotiations. That plus a new color, black IIRC....
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• Premium Member
If you get a 2016 model, it should already have the new, improved oil pan on it. So don't forget that in your negotiations. That plus a new color, black IIRC....
don't bank on the mod being on every 2016 bike - some over here in Europe have the old style pan on the new 2016 "dark blue" colour
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Hello everyone! Hope this is in the right section. I am a (hopefully) soon to be owner of a 2015 or 2016 fj 09 :) and my first priority is grinding down the oil pan bolt guard. And ordering the low profile bolt with an oring or crush washer. Probably a crush washer. I noticed something odd! Here in Arizona we have ride now motorsports and one in Chandler has a 2015 for $8250 while another has one for $10490. Why would that be? Anyone know? I checked and both are brand new. Oh! More about introduction. Started out on a Honda rebel, then moved to a Gsxr 600 and now my physical therapist says stop riding, get a new bike with a more upright position, or face back problems when you're 30. So here I am. I've been staring at this bike for a long time now and I've decided. Anything besides the oil pan clearance I should watch out for? Full coverage will only be $161 a month for me. Can you believe that? Awesome haha like no sarcasm.
Welcome cjm:  You should talk "Out The Door Price" with the dealers.  Bottom line payment you have to make, minus taxes and fees required by the governments, not minus fees charged by the dealer.  You can find out the taxes and fees on line, so that amount should not be a suprise, but it will vary depending on OTD price the dealer charges.  In Phoenix  10490 @ 11.4%=1196, while in Chandler 8250 @10.6%=875.  Making a difference of $321.  We talk OTD price around here because we can compare what others are actually paying for the bike.  We also perfer the basic price of the bike w/o any accessories you may add to it, like saddle bags, heated grips, touring seat, etc.   Good luck in your negotiations.  

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
Full coverage will only be $161 a month for me. Can you believe that?
I paid $212 per month for full coverage on my first new bike, a 1990 Katana 600. And that was with a $1000 deductible! My loan payments were only $108.

Getting old sucks, but at least insurance gets more affordable. Now I'm paying $240 per year to insure my FJ-09.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived