M4 exhaust

stealth09

• Premium Member
Is the M4 exhaust #YA6914 for the FZ 09, also correct for the FJ? I have been searching and all I see is FZ applications. Thanks
No, as of the last time I checked, M4 does not make a specific exhaust for the F-Jay. It will fit, but the center stand will either have to be removed or ground down due to clearance issues when installed. Do a Google search like this, as somebody posted pictures on here of the process. m4 exhaust site:fj-09.org

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Is the M4 exhaust #YA6914 for the FZ 09, also correct for the FJ? I have been searching and all I see is FZ applications. Thanks
No, as of the last time I checked, M4 does not make a specific exhaust for the F-Jay. It will fit, but the center stand will either have to be removed or ground down due to clearance issues when installed. Do a Google search like this, as somebody posted pictures on here of the process. m4 exhaust site:fj-09.org

Thanks, that explains why I can't find a part number for the FJ.
I read pry4ski's thread detailing the mods necessary to retain the center stand. I sent my ECU to 2wheeldynoworks for a flash since the bike is also dismantled for cruise control installation, I might as well do the exhaust and be done.

• Premium Member

Thanks, that explains why I can't find a part number for the FJ.
I read pry4ski's thread detailing the mods necessary to retain the center stand. I sent my ECU to 2wheeldynoworks for a flash since the bike is also dismantled for cruise control installation, I might as well do the exhaust and be done.
Sounds like a plan. Let us know how the cruise install goes with copious pictures.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Archived