FJ-09 Exhaust Options

grayhawkglen

I installed the TwoBrothers system this weekend with the P1X insert . All went together easily . Its much louder than stock , but I think it is reasonable . The difference in power is substantial and I think its worth the investment .

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
SP tadao full system 
Just saw this on the web - a full system from a Japanese aftermarket company who makes a specific version for the MT-09 Tracer/FJ-09.  The pipe comes in two flavors: a full stainless steel system and a Ti headers/SS muffler system.  The pipe seems nicely made but I really dislike the placement of the can.        
It looks terrible!  It's like left-over stainless lagging from a chiller installation.

[div style=text-align:left]I was wondering if you had to do an ecu flash or get a power commander as two bros recommended me?  If so which one and why?
bikes need a tune stock, let alone after a large modification like a full exhaust system. whether thats fueling or flashing, someothing's gotta be done regardless. we still do both.  

SP tadao full system 
Just saw this on the web - a full system from a Japanese aftermarket company who makes a specific version for the MT-09 Tracer/FJ-09.  The pipe comes in two flavors: a full stainless steel system and a Ti headers/SS muffler system.  The pipe seems nicely made but I really dislike the placement of the can.        
thats interesting (odd) isn't it

• 3 months later...
Sometimes too many choices is a bad thing...

I am looking at replacing the OEM exhaust at some point over the summer, but I really can't decide on which one? Instead of a full system, are there any slip-ons that work with the stand, or just plain work on the bike?

Cheers!

hammer wrote: iSometimes too many choices is a bad thing... 
I am looking at replacing the OEM exhaust at some point over the summer, but I really can't decide on which one? Instead of a full system, are there any slip-ons that work with the stand, or just plain work on the bike?

You'd have to cut the CAT off to straight pipe, then slip onto that. Maybe some tubing mods needed to retain the center stand with slip-ons.

2WDW ECU flash transforms Yamaha's CP3 engine into the machine they couldn't release in the US. The improvements are numerous. Glad I did mine before aftermarket exhaust.
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• 4 weeks later...
Been searching for new exhaust options for the FJ 09 here in the US.
Thought there might be some development during the cold season but have found nothing new.
Anyone found anything new that will work on the FJ 09 while keeping the center stand?
Just can't stand spending the money for a Akrapovic Full Exhaust system. $$$$$
RC

• Premium Member
Been searching for new exhaust options for the FJ 09 here in the US. Thought there might be some development during the cold season but have found nothing new.
Anyone found anything new that will work on the FJ 09 while keeping the center stand?
RC
The Graves works great with the center stand, but costs more than the Akrapovic.

Been searching for new exhaust options for the FJ 09 here in the US. Thought there might be some development during the cold season but have found nothing new.
RC
Same here.  Gianelli could be the way to go. Personnaly I'd like something more discreet so I'm looking at the Arrow thunder (carbon). Cheapest I could find was around 750€ so far, italian website.

My bike came with an Arrow full system with black can and carbon fibre tip. It looks the business, tucks up well underneath, the welds look spectacular, it retains the center stand, and it weighs about 8 lbs. less than stock - all very good news! And you *should* have a re-flash done to extract the best HP/TQ and fuel mapping. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the major players Akra, Arrow, TBR, etc. It pretty much comes down to price and how you like the looks.

I, for one, would never sacrifice the center stand, even to gain a few more ponies - which isn't the case anyway. The center stand is too damn convenient for chain lubing/adj./inspection, and for packing for longer trips.
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

Guest bobh380
re:Japanese SP Tadao power box  
That is a bit pricey .
182000 yen is around $1599 US
                               $2254 Australian 
                               1118 pounds 
                               1434 euros.
That's almost enough for an older Blackbird ! 

Everyone keep looking and report back here. Maybe we can find a great deal on an existing exhaust system.
Would love something below $750.
RC

I just ordered the Mivv full system (Carbon Oval Cap) from PJ's Parts for $707 (shipped free to CONUS). It's not on their website yet, but you can order it now. (3-4 weeks delivery). Tell them Mark sent you.

http://www.mivv.it/en/prodotti_apri.asp?cl=1&cs=1221&codice_moto=885&codice_marca=8

http://www.mivv.it/risorse/8/885/1221/Yamaha_MT-09-Tracer_2015-73Y049L3C_$01.jpg

It works with the center stand. I had a Mivv on my gen2 FZ1, and it was the sweetest sounding exhaust I've ever heard - especially without the db killer. It was a GP style with two neato resonator tubes before the muffler, so I'm not expecting this one to sound the same, but I'm willing to be the guinea pig on this one and report back to you guys on the install.

Here's a YouTube clip with their Suono muffler on an FZ09 sans db killer (needs an o2 controller or tune though). Sounds mean.

Mivv factory video with the Carbon Oval Cap above:

I'll reserve judgement on the sound until I hear it with my own ears.

Mark.

'16 FJ09 - Mivv Carbon Oval full exhaust¦MCCruise TBW/FJR switch cruise control¦Corbin seat¦GPR steering damper¦Givi D2122S windscreen¦MT-09 Adventure footpegs¦Motodynamic taillight/flushmount signals/fender eliminator¦OEM heated grips¦Shorty levers¦T-Rex sliders¦SW Motech Blaze bags¦KTM handguards¦Vibranators¦Grip Puppies¦CF fender extender¦Pyramid rear hugger extender

Archived