Any Tank Bag Reviews?

• Premium Member
Anyone out there have any proper reviews of any available tank bags? Interested to see what's out there.
Thanks.
Nelson-Rigg CL2015-MG.  Fits well, holds a lot, even has that stupid faux carbon fibre stuff on the sides. 

tankbag.jpg

• Premium Member
581 results if you search the forum with makes from Hepco & Becker, Givi, Oxford, Bagster, SW Motech and loads more. Strap on, magnetic and these new fangled clip on mounts.

This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

i use the twisted throttle bags connection with a tank ring. Stupid expensive but I love it. Got a good deal on the bag so it was less than current rates. Works fantastic and no scratches.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

I have the MotoCentric MotoTrek 14L bag and it looks/fits the bike very well. It's built similarly to the Nelson-Rigg bag shown, but it's a little bit smaller. I got lucky and snagged one when Motorcycle SuperStore was discounting them to $53, a very good price IMHO...

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28881/i/motocentric-mototrek-14-tank-bag
-CD-

2015 Yamaha FJ-09: RaceTech Gold Valves, RaceTech Rear Spring, Arrow Full Exhaust - black with w/Carbon Fibre endcap, ECU Flash, Lowered 20mm front, 15 mm rear, Denali driving lights, Fenda Extenda, Tail Tidy, Corbin Seat, Madstad 22" Windshield, OEM heated grips, Woodcraft frame sliders, Grip Puppies, BadAss Cover (Large)....

• 2 weeks later...
I have the MotoCentric MotoTrek 14L bag and it looks/fits the bike very well. It's built similarly to the Nelson-Rigg bag shown, but it's a little bit smaller. I got lucky and snagged one when Motorcycle SuperStore was discounting them to $53, a very good price IMHO... 
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/28881/i/motocentric-mototrek-14-tank-bag

Do you have any pictures of it on the bike?

How's that screen set up work for you?
I have had the MRA X-Creen Sport Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade on for about a week.  It works pretty well.  It definitely cut the wind noise down.  I never had any issues with head buffeting with the stock setup but was looking for something to cut the noise down a bit.  I wear ear plugs almost all the time but it was still louder than I would have liked.  The way I have it tilted the wind goes right over the top of my helmet.  The added benefit is that it directs the wind right into the top vent of my Neotech.  When I open the top vent it feels like someone turned on a fan in my helmet.  My only concern is that at highway speeds it shakes the heck out of the windshield.  It seems pretty stable and doesn't look like it has moved since I fitted it but in NM we have 75 mile an hour speed limits in places and man does it shake pushing the 80 mark.  Also, I think the noise gets increasingly worse and is overall less effective when it is shaking all around.  Overall it's not a bad solution and I don't spend too much time on the highway to make me really worry about it much.  BTW, I'm 5'10 with a 30 inch inseam just for reference.

I did end up ordering the VStream+® Touring Windscreen a few days ago (should be here today).  We will see if that is much better.  If so I might have a MRA X-Creen up for sale :-)

-Steve

Archived