How to move throttle cables?

docsimple

Help! I have been playing with my throttle cables for 24 hours (i know, I know. I'll go blind) but I can't figure out how to get another inch out of them  ::)

I have disassembled everything but the tank and airbox as that is a pita. If i pull all that stuff would a re-route even help? I am in the process of ordering longer cables from Motion Pro (friggen $80 for custom) at +3" to handle this but I was really hoping to use my raptor bars in a couple weeks when I head off for the Redwoods. Additionally Galfer wants $164 +shipping for brake lines. I think I can make do without the new lines but in for penny, in for $400 to move the damn handlebars.

Sorry if I seem bitter but c'mon Yamaha, would it kill you to give us a little slack?

So, in conclusion, please for the love of beer (i'm not religious but everyone loves beer, right?) give me some feedback. Good or bad I'd like to know if I'm smacking my noggion on an unsolvable problem. Shy of spending more money and waiting three weeks for delivery of course   >:D
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

well, i went ahead and ordered the custom cables from motion pro. So far they have been great to deal with. My clutch cable should be here today'ish and they promised to "try" and rush the throttle cables to me so I can use them on my trip. I am still interested in how the @%^$&^@ y'all got the throttle cables to work.
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

ok, the deafening silence here is forcing me to get drastic. I have new clutch, new throttle and new brake lines on order. I hope like hell the wiring has some give or I may cry....

On the plus side I will have gold braided bling brake lines and the usual poop about how metal lines improve response (I have not noticed it). Should look good with the gold forks, gold trim on the levers, gold handlebars and the brake lines.
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
ok, the deafening silence here is forcing me to get drastic. I have new clutch, new throttle and new brake lines on order. I hope like hell the wiring has some give or I may cry.... 
On the plus side I will have gold braided bling brake lines and the usual poop about how metal lines improve response (I have not noticed it). Should look good with the gold forks, gold trim on the levers, gold handlebars and the brake lines.
It is critical that the gold bling parts are all the same shade of gold.  Otherwise you'll look like a rapper.

as long as you don't call me Kanye  ???

I'm usually the anti-bling guy. I saw those forks and kind of lost my mind - (in Austin Powers voice) but in a very sexy way!
2015 Red FJ 09
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

Archived