Givi D2122S Windscreen

mhevezi

• 4 weeks later...
i absolutely love this screen. Noise is gone! Even at low setting. I feel a bit of turbulence on top of the helmet when in low position, gone in high. And can still comfortably look over the screen. Can ride with visor open on both settings also. I had tried the CalSci large and was better than stock but still noisy (at higher speeds than OEM). Shipping from Italy was fairly fast, $122 with adapter and shipping.

5'8" 29" inseam.

• 4 months later...
Guest autobiker
I installed the D2122S screen today. Literally a 2-minute job. First thing I notice is that it barely clears the handguards in low position. I've rotated my handlebars back a few degrees to make my wrists more relaxed, so that could've reduced the clearance.

I went for a short ride with the screen in high position and got up to 70mph. Wind noise is marginally less than stock. More importantly, the buffeting and turbulence are gone! :D  The screen is more rigid due to its shape and doesn't flap in the wind like the stock one does. It's a looker, too! I think it'll be perfect if it's 1" taller. For reference, I'm 5'8", 30" inseam.

Overall, it's still good value for $90.

• 2 months later...
Mine arrived today. I mounted it up with some washers on the top bracket, making it more vertical. Like others have said, not a huge difference over stock. In the highest position blocks alot of wind blast, which isnt so great in our southern summer. In the lowest position, wind noise is marginaly improved over stock. I think I'll leave it in the middle position for now.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest autobiker
I installed the D2122S screen today. Literally a 2-minute job. First thing I notice is that it barely clears the handguards in low position. I've rotated my handlebars back a few degrees to make my wrists more relaxed, so that could've reduced the clearance. 
I went for a short ride with the screen in high position and got up to 70mph. Wind noise is marginally less than stock. More importantly, the buffeting and turbulence are gone! :D  The screen is more rigid due to its shape and doesn't flap in the wind like the stock one does. It's a looker, too! I think it'll be perfect if it's 1" taller. For reference, I'm 5'8", 30" inseam.

Overall, it's still good value for $90.

Back to give an updated review after 2 months of use. The D2122S is an improvement over the flimsy stock screen, but still leaves much to be desired in terms of wind protection. Above 80mph, the wind blast directed at my helmet was nearly as strong as stock, albeit less turbulent. My neck was getting a workout holding my head against the wind. This level of protection is good for commutes and short trips, but not enough for multi-day multi-thousand mile trips unless you intend to keep your speed at 70mph all the time. I am going to try moving the screen outwards with spacers and longer bolts, to see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Premium Member
Necro-thread revival. Yeah it's old news.

I ordered my Givi tonight, shipping straight from Italy. I've looked over all the options over the past 2 years, and for the cooler months, this is the screen I want. Looking forward to trying it out.
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
did you order the S or the DT? Just installed the DT on my bike and am interested in hearing what you think when you get a couple miles on it. 
The D2122S. I dislike tall screens quite a bit. But the stock screen sucks massively.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
My Givi arrived by Swiss Post d.b.a. US Postal Parcel here. Honestly I can't gripe, from eBay order to Italy to the door in 2 weeks isn't bad IMO.

My box looked MARVELOUS compared to the other folks here that received the same screen via mangled, sketchy looking boxes. :D

The new screen is beautiful. I love the light smoke finish vs. clear, it compliments the Stealth Grey quite well, the shape and contours as well. Can't wait to get my forks / shock / ECU / other parts back and installed to go ride.

I'll post a pic once I get the motorbike reassembled.

Archived