Parabellum Windscreen

BVEBRAD

Thanks for the heads up, I'll certainly follow up on that.  Patience is not one of my virtues. The gentleman who responded to my email I sent them stated he would offer a 10% discount or a free set of inner soft bags. Once I'm ready to buy I'm hoping he will do a little better on the offer or give me both. Just waiting for my tax refund. 
I know what you mean about patience, I've used one or two unkind words regarding the situation.  But I guess good things come to those willing to wait, or some crap like that. I'm somewhat surprised they offered the discount, considering the popularity of the outer bags, but maybe the inner bags aren't in similar demand, and their profit margin is probably such that it won't hurt much anyway.
I'm hoping they show up within a few days, but of course it's supposed to start raining here on Sunday and there may be as many as 4 storms rolling in off the Pacific next week - good ol' El Nino.

I'm on the opposite coast, right outside Ocean City Md.  I've been able to put about 300 miles on since Saturday.  It hit the low 60's unfortunately the wind has been relentless.  I'm not complaining, anytime I can ride here in February I' m happy.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

I'm on the opposite coast, right outside Ocean City Md.  I've been able to put about 300 miles on since Saturday.  It hit the low 60's unfortunately the wind has been relentless.  I'm not complaining, anytime I can ride here in February I' m happy.
Just a quick comment on the patience thing - I got the SH-36 mounting hardware today, but the bags are still on back order and we're waiting for a tracking number again.  So now I can hang empty frames on my bike and think about the bags - aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! I grew up in upstate NY, so I'm familiar with the weather back there.  In Michigan they call it 11 months of winter and 1 month of poor sledding I believe.

Just a quick comment on the patience thing - I got the SH-36 mounting hardware today, but the bags are still on back order and we're waiting for a tracking number again.  So now I can hang empty frames on my bike and think about the bags - aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh! I grew up in upstate NY, so I'm familiar with the weather back there.  In Michigan they call it 11 months of winter and 1 month of poor sledding I believe.

I finally got my SH-36 bags today, And I really like them. pictures - 
http://i.imgur.com/1ek6p5Z.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/E0p0aWH.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/liVbxJ2.jpg

Inside there is a warning label (I know, what a surprise). 

http://i.imgur.com/TbnxDor.jpg

Since they are from Europe, I'm not sure what a couple of the warning outlines mean.  The Kg Max weight symbol and arrow to the "i" symbol - does this mean "check the manual for max weight"?  And about the person with either a sprayer or flame thrower - huh?

Onward and upward.

Timg, thanks for posting the pictures.  I must admit the bags are wider than I was expecting but they do appear to fit close to the bike and they look great from the side.  Your pictures confirm to me they are the bags I want.  How do the mounts look without the bags, similar to the Yamaha mounts I'm hoping.  BTW, your bike looks really cool with the side bags along with your tank bag.  What kind of tank bag is that.

I also wanted to ask, did you remove their label from the bags or black them out?  We apparently have similar tastes because when I order them I'm gonna ask them if they can omit them from the bags.

Nice job man!
Brad
Selbyville, DE

Timg, thanks for posting the pictures.  I must admit the bags are wider than I was expecting but they do appear to fit close to the bike and they look great from the side.  Your pictures confirm to me they are the bags I want.  How do the mounts look without the bags, similar to the Yamaha mounts I'm hoping.  BTW, your bike looks really cool with the side bags along with your tank bag.  What kind of tank bag is that. 
I also wanted to ask, did you remove their label from the bags or black them out?  We apparently have similar tastes because when I order them I'm gonna ask them if they can omit them from the bags.

Nice job man!
The bags are wider than the stock ones because these will hold a full face helmet (confirmed with my Shoei), and the stockers won't.  They can't fit any closer to the bike because of the short distance between the left passenger's peg mount and the swing arm.  I had to cut down the short arm of a 4mm hex wrench to tighten the bolt as it is; check out the clearance there on yours.  I did some garage bushing creation to get the back rack mount and the bag mounts to be happy with each other, but it works. 
Here's a shot of the bike without the bag (in my messy garage ) -

http://i.imgur.com/TyBKKkH.jpg

The tank bag is old Corbin I had on my Concours for years, I have no idea what model or size.  There are handier ones available now I'm sure.

The SHAD letters are just stick-ons, and come off real easy with the old hair dryer trick.  The piece they stick onto is easily removed with two through screws, making it even easier.  They are shiny plastic, and I'm close to scratching them up with some medium sand paper to make them less obvious.

I'm liking this bike more and more!

Did you paint your exhaust tip??? If so, with what? I'm kinda digging it!
I painted it with high temp flat black spray paint from Home Depot, it's for barbecue grills and stuff.  I painted the collector on my Concours and never had a problem with the paint staying on.  The FJ shield is held by 3 easy to access screws, so I recommend removing it for painting, if you do.  I'm considering the FJ collector too, but I don't think you're supposed to mess with the cat converter, but...... 
When I saw the bike at the dealer I thought "It looks good, but all the different silver and gold stuff break it up too much"  I especially noticed the rear brake fluid reservoir, so I've blacked it out  with a sharpie, leaving just the sight window.  I've also blacked out several silver bolt heads.  I think the design has a nice flow line if the line is allowed to flow, you know.  But, to each his or her own, I say.

Thanks again, the mounts aren't too bad without the bags but it does look better with them.  I like the nice tight fit.  I also had a Concours for 4 years.  It was a 2002 that I bought new in 2004.  Unfortunately I wasn't crazy about the bike.  It was pretty fast and handled OK once you got it going but it was a pig when going slow.  It also developed an oil leak with 5000 miles on it.  I didn't care for the riding position either.  I got it out the door for $7200 so I couldn't say no.  Thanks again for the great pictures.  I can't wait to get mine.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• 8 months later...
Finely pulled the trigger and orders the Parabellum windscreen. Talks with the folks on the phone and they were very helpful. I explain I wanted completely out of the buffering and gave them my height. 6'0". They suggested their 26" model, I also opted for the smoked flyscreen. It has a nice discount if purchased along with the touring screen. I have installed the fly screen and ridden in 45 degree weather with it. it does have some turbulence, maybe not quite as bad as stock, but a good bit louder than the clean air of ridding with no screen.
Rode about 90 minutes at 45F before it started to warm up, wearing lined jacket and pants, but nothing heated, for me doable.
Last Sunday, rode 45 minutes at about 38F before it started warning up, still doable, but at the end of a 300 mile ride, high got to about 50F, was thinking the touring windshield might have been in a good choice,.
I'll post some pictures of the 26 inch shield when I install it later.
So, for the flyscreen, I like the way it looks, air hits helmet in the area if the chin guard. I have to stand up a good foot to be completely in clean air. if I slump down just a little bit, on the cool ride, I can keep most of the air off the neck area.

DSC02481.jpg

DSC02482.jpg

DSC02483.jpg

DSC02484.jpg

DSC02485.jpg

1970 DT-250 / 1972 250MX / 1973 360MX / 1974 250MX & 1974 CZ 400 Red Frame & SC 500 / 1978 YZ 250 / 1979  YZ250 / (2) 1980 YZ 250 / 1986 YZ 490 / 1989 YZ250 WR / 1994 YZ 250 / (2) 2002 YZ 426 / 2007 YZ 450 / 2007 DR 650, 2015 FJ 09 / 2020 YZ 250

• Supporting Member
Foxtrot
I like the looks of the Parabellum fly screen alot.  I am also 6' and considering changing the stock screen, what position did you have the fly screen?  I leave my stock screen in the lowest position, I don't find the wind noise to be horrible with the stock screen, but the fly screen looks so much better.

***2015 Candy Red FJ-09***

You know, when I took the pictures, I don't remember if it was raised or lowered, but I have been ridding with it in the raised position.

1970 DT-250 / 1972 250MX / 1973 360MX / 1974 250MX & 1974 CZ 400 Red Frame & SC 500 / 1978 YZ 250 / 1979  YZ250 / (2) 1980 YZ 250 / 1986 YZ 490 / 1989 YZ250 WR / 1994 YZ 250 / (2) 2002 YZ 426 / 2007 YZ 450 / 2007 DR 650, 2015 FJ 09 / 2020 YZ 250

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi team, I am keen to get a new screen and parabellum looks like the best option. I was wondering if anyone could give opinion of the different sized screens. I'm 6 ft tall so I'm assuming the tallest would be the obvious choice but would like some advice. Also could someone tell me a reference point so I can get a rough idea of the height. ie, how far from the top screw holes, or the rubber stoppers to the top of the tallest screen? Appreciate any ideas/help.

• 5 weeks later...
Mine is the tall screen, 26".  I just measured from the top of the rubber grommet (above the mounting bolts) to the top of the windscreen.  It was 16" exactly.  Although I haven't ridden behind any other screen  I can't imagine anything else being better.  As I said before , I love it.  Hope this helps.  
Brad
Selbyville, DE