Parabellum Windscreen

BVEBRAD

The SHAD letters are just stick-ons, and come off real easy with the old hair dryer trick.  The piece they stick onto is easily removed with two through screws, making it even easier.  They are shiny plastic, and I'm close to scratching them up with some medium sand paper to make them less obvious.
Thanks for this insight. The overly large logo had bugged me since getting the SH36 cases. The letters came off easily as you suggested and a quick rub with 1500 grit wet and dry paper has turned the underlying piece a nice smooth matt texture.

Red 2015 Tracer, UK spec (well, it was until I started messing with it...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
I received my 26" tinted Parabellum tall windshield today. Install super easy! Took it for a test ride. Absolutely love it! Almost no buffeting at all. I can hear my engine much better and if I like I can ride with my helmet visor open. I rode with both ear plugs in and off and either way I was comfortable. I'm 5'11" and I ride with a corbin seat which is close to stock at the high setting. I have the windshield at the high setting on the bike. I can see over the windshield just fine. I had a tall Er-Max clear windshield and it slightly melted my dash (another story) so I went for the Parabellum. Very happy with my choice. I also have a Er-max windshield extender no need to put that on the parabellum as 26" is tall enough to do the job. That extender is going on the stock FJ09 windshield for the summertime. That combo seems to work fine.5125215.jpg

5125213.jpg

5125214.jpg

A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

• 2 weeks later...
I received my 26" tinted Parabellum tall windshield today. Install super easy! Took it for a test ride. Absolutely love it! Almost no buffeting at all. I can hear my engine much better and if I like I can ride with my helmet visor open. I rode with both ear plugs in and off and either way I was comfortable. I'm 5'11" and I ride with a corbin seat which is close to stock at the high setting. I have the windshield at the high setting on the bike. I can see over the windshield just fine. I had a tall Er-Max clear windshield and it slightly melted my dash (another story) so I went for the Parabellum. Very happy with my choice. I also have a Er-max windshield extender no need to put that on the parabellum as 26" is tall enough to do the job. That extender is going on the stock FJ09 windshield for the summertime. That combo seems to work fine.

Brad
Selbyville, DE

I totally agree with your evaluation of the Parabellum. I love mine and can't imagine a better one. I rode with mine all last summer and was just fine. Plenty of air from the side. I ride visor up all summer long.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

I just wanted to share an after thought concerning the Parabellum.  Today I received and installed a set of Shad SH36 panniers on my FJ.  I mentioned before that I thought the bike looked pretty good with the tall shield mounted.  It did but certainly could have looked better.  After installing the bags I must say that the windscreen now looks perfectly proportioned with the rest of the bike.  This is with the bags on the bike.  It now looks like a true Sports Tourer which is to say that it looks sexy as hell.
20170313_165237.jpg
20170313_165300.jpg
Brad
Selbyville, DE

I ride visor up all summer long.
It's oh so tempting, but oh so dangerous. On a hot summer night a few years ago I was riding down the freeway with my visor up. I had a great big barn-door windscreen, so why worry?  
A giant June-Bug beetle hit me just above the eye brow, below the helmet edge. It felt like I was hit by a golf ball at 70mph. It hurt so bad I had to stop. If it had hit 1" lower...

I'll ride with my visor 'open' now, but I'm always looking through it, never under it.
Keep Asheville weird!

It's oh so tempting, but oh so dangerous. On a hot summer night a few years ago I was riding down the freeway with my visor up. I had a great big barn-door windscreen, so why worry?  
A giant June-Bug beetle hit me just above the eye brow, below the helmet edge. It felt like I was hit by a golf ball at 70mph. It hurt so bad I had to stop. If it had hit 1" lower...

I'll ride with my visor 'open' now, but I'm always looking through it, never under it.

Brad
Selbyville, DE

I plan on buying a motocross helmet with a big sun visor mounted. I find the sun to be the worst problem when riding. A nice visor and a good pair of sunglasses, Bobsters, or googles is my plan. Basically, a setup like Norman Reedus uses on his show Riding With Reedus.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

Brad
Selbyville, DE

I agree 100% with you. Sometimes enjoyment wins out over good sense. I'll ride in shorts and a tee shirt once in a while and I love it knowing how stupid it is. I never claimed to be very bright.
Brad
Selbyville, DE

• 10 months later...
Got my 26" Parabellum mounted today and took it for a quick ride. Seems to work pretty well. No buffeting but I am still in the wind at the top of my helmet. If I duck down a few inches, it is serene. I am 6'1" and have the seat in the lower position. Not sure I want a screen any taller than this one. I tried the screen in the upper and lower positions. Highest position was better but not purrrfect. Oh well...

Update:  I ended up liking the lower position and lower seat position after a few more miles at different speeds/conditions.
IMG_2449.jpg

Nothing is going to be perfect.......unless you get in the car.

But I love my Medium Parrabellum screen. I'm 5'5" have the screen on the high position and the seat in the low position and sit on an Airhawk. Even I still get some air!
To be honest though a little bit of air isn't a bad thing.

Enjoy.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• 1 year later...
On 3/13/2017 at 5:56 PM, BVEBRAD said:

BVEBRAD: I'm right around the corner from you (Bixler Rd.). Same bike. Same bags. Still messing with a windscreen I actually like. Do you get NO buffeting behind your Parabellum, or ALMOST none? This matters to me, since I spend multiple hours at a time on a bike, and what seems to be a little at first seems to become intolerable up around the 2 hour mark.

Hi Chris, I get zero buffeting behind the screen.  Of course I get it from the side if the wind is hitting me that way.  I really can't imagine a better wind screen for this bike.  I've got over 30k on mine now and I too spend many hours at a time on the bike.

Brad
Selbyville, DE