Which airhawk model and size

I've had my Airhawk for 7 years now and love it! have moved it from bike to bike.

I have the MCP - Medium Cruiser Airhawk Motorcycle Cushions . 

But on the Tracer found I have to move it a fair way forward so it bends up against the plastic shield on the tank. Now I don't get the pain in my groin or legs from the width and gives me adequate coverage on my bot-bot.  Can ride all day now in comfort and get off without that yowie feeling.

Hope that helps.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

I've had my Airhawk for 7 years now and love it! have moved it from bike to bike. 

But on the Tracer found I have to move it a fair way forward so it bends up against the plastic shield on the tank. Now I don't get the pain in my groin or legs from the width and gives me adequate coverage on my bot-bot.  Can ride all day now in comfort and get off without that yowie feeling.

Hope that helps.

Kimmie, Thanks for the reply.  I went ahead and bought the Seat Concepts kit so I will get that installed and see how it goes.  I imagine I will still need an Airhawk in the end so I will tackle that again when the time comes.  The DS version was just too small so it's good to know the Medium Cruiser version is working for you. 
-Steve

• Premium Member
I went ahead and bought the Seat Concepts kit so I will get that installed and see how it goes.
I found the Seat Concepts kit to be not any more comfortable than the stock setup.  It is just as uncomfortable but in different areas.  Total waste of money for me, other than that it looks a little better.

I found the Seat Concepts kit to be not any more comfortable than the stock setup.  It is just as uncomfortable but in different areas.  Total waste of money for me, other than that it looks a little better.

I have read mixed reviews on here about this subject and one thing I am hoping to get from the Seat Concepts is a slight less slope.  I figure I will try it then purchase the right Airhawk.  Then if that doesn't work maybe a Corbin or whatever is out next.  Seats and windshields are always an issue that I (and everyone else for that matter) spend more than my share on to get the perfect fit.

-Steve

• Premium Member
Kimmie, Thanks for the reply.  I went ahead and bought the Seat Concepts kit so I will get that installed and see how it goes.  I imagine I will still need an Airhawk in the end so I will tackle that again when the time comes.  The DS version was just too small so it's good to know the Medium Cruiser version is working for you. 
-Steve
Having bought the Seat Concepts kit, I can tell you that it is perfect for me and about as good as it's going to get using the OEM seat pan. I can ride for hours without discomfort. That being said, riders come in different shapes and sizes so your experience might differ. I'm 6'0, 175 lb. 
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

FWIW, I found the Seat Concepts seat to solve that very issue, the slope towards the tank.  The Seat Concepts provides my butt a dished spot to sit.  So far, I like it, and have done 600 mile days on it.

I think it is sufficient that I'm only planning on adding a section of removable sheepskin for my planned trip from MN to CA this Spring.

Hope that helps.

-Steve

Archived