any possibility of a 2WD flash that includes cruise control?

• Premium Member
So there would still have to be some modification and addition of a harness(es) with new buttons.
At the very least you will need to buy the controls from a Tenere.

A stock-like cruise control would be peachy. I'll wait for this rather than getting something less integrated.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I can tell, all the "stuff" you need is on the FJ09.

The controls at the handle bars would be needed, and it's not wired for cruise, so you might have to wire it up? I'd think they (Being Yamaha) would want to build the harness with it in mind, but they also gave us the craptastic CCT... So go figure.)

"factory" cruise control would be nice. But the "add on" deal that exists is pretty nice too.

At this point, I'm waiting to see if Yamaha releases cruise as an option on the FJ09 eventually. And then we can reverse build it up for the older bikes I hope.

• 4 months later...
I'm still using the aftermarket CC we got a while ago through Brandon but I would like to get rid of all the aftermarket wiring if possible. definitely would love to see a write-up if you purchase. Please create a new thread not in 2WD sub-forum though.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

If I already have the 2WD flash, can the TuneBoy flash be done on top of it? Or is it an either/or situation? (I suppose I should be asking TuneBoy rather than asking the board...)
I sent a message to TuneBoy and asked them your question, along with a few others. I also created a new thread here pertaining to the TuneBoy Cruise:
https://fj-09.org/thread/5136/tuneboy-cruise-control

• 3 months later...
FWIW Tune Boy in Australia has bought a U.S. (don't know if Canadian version is the same) ECM to develop an electronic cruise control. My hope is that when completed I can have 2WD use Tubeboy flash for Cruise Control and then their own formula for fuel mapping and Speed Limiter removal.

Archived