Snatchy Throttle Fix

guernsey70

So, was ringing around UK dyno houses today to see if anyone could help reduce the low rev throttle snatchyness.  Spoke to a guy in Leicester who said that the lean fuelling (which causes the on/off feel) could be tweaked through the CO mode through the instrument cluster and this would remove 60-70% of the snatchyness.

Having researched further, it seems that most of the MT-09 owners on another forum have done this to great effect!

It seems that factory settings for each cylinder (C1, C2 & C3) are at Zero, and the magic number seems to be 14 (not sure why!).  I've given it a go, and must say it has made a noticeable difference.

To access the CO menu, press and hold down the TCS and Reset buttons. Whilst holding down the buttons, turn the ignition on.  Keep holding the buttons down until Diag appears on the screen.  Press reset button to show CO. Hold down both buttons again and C1 will appear.  If you press reset it will run through cylinder 1 then 2 then 3.  On each of these hold down both buttons till 0 appears. Now you can play. Once done on that cylinder press both buttons and repeat process for the other cylinders.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thats great news. Does it affect any of the power? I assume your increasing the overall fuel/air mixture, so I am wondering if this will affect fuel mileage as well. I notice the snatchiness but it only catches me off guard once in a blue moon. My FZ6 was the same way and I rode that for 7 years unchanged. That being said, I';m willing to trade some gas for a smoother throttle response.
2015 Red FJ 09
2013 WR250R - little boy blue - sold
2012 DL650 V Strom - sold
2007 FZ6 - sold
1986 FJ600 - sold

• Premium Member
I don't believe this will work on State side F-Jays. Somebody try it and report back.
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Have not tried on the FJ, but I did this on the FJR and it worked. Fuel mileage was un changed as far as I could tell. Made it much nicer to ride. Note here: Every bike is different, some don't need this at all, as my first FJR didn't but the second, same year model, needed it after first Valve adjust.

Just a comment here regarding snatchy throttles. My FJ, now with 26K, has never had a snatchy throttle. Smooth from the start, on-off-on, no hesitation, which usually causes the herky jerky/snatchy throttle. Smoother than my FZ-09 with Flash Tune's reflash. Smother than any of my FJRs. I guess I am one of the lucky ones. Just wanted others to know that the snatchy throttle isn't necessarily a given for all FJs.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

I tried this on my stateside FJ. After turning on the ignition the smaller display screen shows select at the top and underneath it ECU is flashing.
No combo of button pushing or holding can get it past this point. Shame we don't have access here in the states.

I tried this on my stateside FJ. After turning on the ignition the smaller display screen shows select at the top and underneath it ECU is flashing. No combo of button pushing or holding can get it past this point. Shame we don't have access here in the states.

Jus hold the two buttons in again to select

Press both buttons to select, or to go back (hold buttons until it changes)...

When in the CO menu ... Press tcs to go up, and reset to go down

when the correct number has been selected, ie 14 ... press both buttons to go back to previous screen.

Once completed, turn off ignition to save changes.

Archived