Ambient Temperature Unit

cyrus4d

Hi, new member here!

Been reading most threads the past two days... My question is as follows:

My current unit for ambient temp is F (guess all are like this), but on my Versys 1000 had ambient temp on C and coolant temp on F, so thinking might be a way to change temp units.. Anyone has done or asked about this?

Any suggestions are welcome. Did 600 km (I´m in Costa Rica) service and forgot to ask the dealer about this...

Thx

Really? haven´t seen any info regarding that, checked the menu on the bike and only could change from miles to km and viceversa.. Will check the owners manual again and head to the bike´s menu one more time.

The example I said was for the Kawa Versys 1000, menu showed C for air temp and F for engine temp.. who knows. On this one prefer to have air temp on Celsius as we don´t use F.

Let u know.

Hi, new member here! 

My current unit for ambient temp is F (guess all are like this), but on my Versys 1000 had ambient temp on C and coolant temp on F, so thinking might be a way to change temp units.. Anyone has done or asked about this?

Any suggestions are welcome. Did 600 km (I´m in Costa Rica) service and forgot to ask the dealer about this...

Thx

I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm in Costa Rica on vacation for the winter right now. :) I'm so disappointed I don't have a motorcycle to ride here. The roads are amazing! The newly paved, curvy, and banked road from Dominical to San Isidro would be great on a bike. Around Lake Arenal was nice and twisty too. So jealous! I'm near Playa Flamingo now, but haven't explored here much.

Mark.

'16 FJ09 - Mivv Carbon Oval full exhaust¦MCCruise TBW/FJR switch cruise control¦Corbin seat¦GPR steering damper¦Givi D2122S windscreen¦MT-09 Adventure footpegs¦Motodynamic taillight/flushmount signals/fender eliminator¦OEM heated grips¦Shorty levers¦T-Rex sliders¦SW Motech Blaze bags¦KTM handguards¦Vibranators¦Grip Puppies¦CF fender extender¦Pyramid rear hugger extender

Hi, new member here! 

Thx
I don't have an answer to your question, but I'm in Costa Rica on vacation for the winter right now. :) I'm so disappointed I don't have a motorcycle to ride here. The roads are amazing! The newly paved, curvy, and banked road from Dominical to San Isidro would be great on a bike. Around Lake Arenal was nice and twisty too. So jealous! I'm near Playa Flamingo now, but haven't explored here much.

Mark.

Hey Mark, welcome! Costa Rica has plenty nice mountain and beach rides from paved to enduro type routes. I´m not really a Guanacaste (province you are visiting) rider as that place is hot as hell... Prefer caribbean side, really nice landscape for riding, also do several rides near volcanos, temp on those areas could be around 12-18 C during the day. Arenal Volcano is a really cool one actually done it once was a satisfying experience. Tamarindo beach is nice for bar hopping ;) jeje

You are really far from San Jose, could recommend to rent a bike to make some rides! Only know of BMW dealership doing that, not sure of the rest of dealers.. Oh wait, Yamaha has bikes for rent, but think the bigger they have for that is a FZ-07.

If you do have a chance to come to San Jose, PM me.

Yeap... Not in the owner's manual or the bike's menu... That sucks, I know there's a way to get into the ECU's Diag from the instrument panel.. Salesman at dealer showed me.. But can't remember now how it goes.. Will ask him tomorrow to check that out if no luck, will ask dealer to try to change it with a scanner or whatever tool they have for the 2nd service...

Ok after reading and checking some vids I was able to reach de Diag/CO settings... Checked that code 05 and 06 has to do with air and coolant temperature, but couldn't tamper with the data, my best guess at this moment is that only Yamaha shop can change the settings with a scanner or software input from a PC to the ECU, think might go to the dealer tomorrow and ask for this.. Saw a vid from a guy in France and his temp units were in C so guess it could be done..

Ok after reading and checking some vids I was able to reach de Diag/CO settings... Checked that code 05 and 06 has to do with air and coolant temperature, but couldn't tamper with the data, my best guess at this moment is that only Yamaha shop can change the settings with a scanner or software input from a PC to the ECU, think might go to the dealer tomorrow and ask for this.. Saw a vid from a guy in France and his temp units were in C so guess it could be done..
I'm sure I have seen it in the settings, I will have a look today and get back to you.

If it's not there, I guess it's humble pie for dinner  :-X

Archived