• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Scrubbed in a new tire today

panooch

Put a new Roadsmart II on the rear with 4,065 miles then added a Nelson Rigg CL-1060-S tail bag. Dumped some tools, water, etc in the tail bag and went for a ride. Made it 182 miles before hitting the big "E" and 30 miles left. 4.01 to fill and averaged 45.5 MPG after ECU flash was done, not bad. Old tire was 43.5 so I suspect it will go back down with the new tire ready to go. Four of us are leaving on what sounds like a 350 mile jaunt tomorrow morning. 8-)

I also purchased a Bags Connection, by SW Motech, EVO City tank bag. Waiting for the FJ-09 #308 mounting ring to come in and see if I'm going to like it. That won't officially be functional till Friday so its not going on tomorrows ride.

A few pics from today:

This is a private entrance gate on Sample Rd. and CA-168 between Clovis and Prather CA that was put in over 40 years ago. Some interesting work that took a good long time to complete. Various materials used but mostly metals. You can imagine how much effort all this was. Gets good and hot during the Summer.  

wNARDtg.jpg?1

Cowboy playing his fiddle

i3zHPH3.jpg?1

Biplane, right wheel is landing on the rocks

DEC4fMl.jpg?1

Gadgets

5Qkd8BB.jpg?1

I must need to wire in a relay so my wheels and bags shut off with ignition. :)

inlv41k.jpg?1

Wolves were howling away.

S8wtnma.jpg?1

Cowboy's buddy playing his guitar

dfU0awU.jpg?1

Windmill

vQUBcjA.jpg?1

Flowers

9asA2l7.jpg?1

Foothills are full of Poppy's right now

VQaonx5.jpg?1

ws3pILh.jpg?1

6iqHpRg.jpg?2

Looks like somebody didn't make the corner on Pittman Hill Rd. Oops, oil and skid marks on the R.H. side just going up to the LH turn. Goes left, then right, then left again on the other side. :'(

b5pGRXq.jpg?1

Oh boy, I must have left the flash on. That reflective stuff works pretty good.

eqTzNzR.jpg?1

It was so nice out I went farther then I'd planned.  But hey, the FJ-09 is hard to leave alone and doesn't like sitting around. 

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Nice shots Panooch! Whats the location of all dis stuff?
Surrounding foothills in Clovis and Prather California.  
If I can, I'll try to get some photos today as we're heading west and riding over to Coalinga and out CA-198 to CA-25. Coalinga is nothing to photograph but out CA-198 is a nice twisty road. Just have to watch out for rocks as small avalanches seem to leave their mark in the middle of your line. CA-25 up to Paicines and Tres Pinos is really nice this time of year. CA-25 is ranch land full of wild flowers and rolling green grassy fields during Spring. It ends up in Hollister CA where Corbin is located. If you ever go to Corbin for a seat build, that's the way to go. Riding CA-25 is worth the detour IMO.

Old Panoche Rd out of Paicines is another fun road to ride. Some have heard of the Old Panoche Inn. It's a bar and grille that everybody leaves there mark @ with a $1.00 bill pinned someplace. Of course some lady's have left articles of clothing there also which we've found stapled to the walls. It's not real scenic IMO but a great ride. Lots of bird watchers that just love to see motorcycles zooming along. There's a stretch of dirt though so if your FJing it, be prepared. It's rideable on the FJ but I normally take my Shetbox 650 for that road. Best to just stay on the 25 with FJ's.

Had I prearranged it, I'd drop into Corbin today and see if they can work out some custom wonders on their current build for a shorter fella.

The group I'm riding with today takes few breaks so I may not get very many photos but I'll give it a "shot". :) If you all ever get a chance to ride CA-25 in Spring, its really nice. A bit tight and windy in spots, my kinda road, but mostly nice rolling corners that you can maintain a nice quick pace on. It's one of those roads you may want to slow down on though. I like to take in its beauty when I'm with the Mrs. Weekends get too busy with Squids and Cager's for my liking and it's not as scenic during the Summer. But a highly recommended ride if your in Central CA.

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

Looked like a beautiful day to be on 2 wheels  :)

Thanks for sharing the pics, how fascinating!!  Someone is/was very creative, can't even begin to imagine the hours/days/years? it must've taken.

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

• Premium Member
Great pictures of that Gate, Panooch! Very interesting. I will have to get my bike out to 168, only driven it in a car on my way to the trailheads at lake Thomas Edison.
Hwy 25 and 198 are two of my all time favorites. Scenic (in spring), super fun and almost always empty of vehicles.
Cheers
2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Archived