Avon tires anyone use these?

foxedupone

• Premium Member
No, but I may try Avon Storms as they are a third cheaper than a pair of Michelin PR4 or Roadsmart 2. The Avon tyres I've used in the past have always been good.

For my R1150GS I used the Distanzia dual purpose tyre. These were good but I preferred using a 100% road tyre on my adventure bikes once they started making PR4 Trail and Continental Road Attack in the GS sizes. (R1150GS and Super Tenere).

If you want a good dual purpose tyre with a heavy road bias, have a look at the Continental Trail Attack. These are a good tyre and usually a bit cheaper than the Michelin equivalent. In the UK at least.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Pilot road 4 trail? I never heard of those ,will have to check out. pR4's get up to 10,000 miles I heard so extra price may be worth for for longer life.
Haha... perhaps the most poorly named tire yet.  From Revzilla: "Pilot Road 4 Trail for adventure touring bikes ridden exclusively on the road"

How about naming it "Pilot Road 4 Poseur" instead?

• Premium Member
Pilot road 4 trail? I never heard of those ,will have to check out. pR4's get up to 10,000 miles I heard so extra price may be worth for for longer life.
looks much like the standard job but supposedly has a different ratio of hard to soft compound but I have no idea if the harder band in the middle is wider or narrower than other versions. 
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
ah, that explains why the PR4 Trail didn't last as long on my Super Tenere as I expected it would - still a great tyre which transformed the bike compared to the OE Bridgestone Battlewings.

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Couldn't resist. Motorcycle superstore had a spring tire sale. Tread is way cool for this bike. So much more rubber thickness compared to stock should last a long time and get through small patches of mud occasionally.
6d703081bb025f5a5594fef1b901d1cf.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Love these tires. AV54 Avon Trailriders, really perfect for a touring rider on this bike plus the tread is beastly. It's M+S rated. Not sure if that's mud and sand or mud and snow on motorcycle tires. The ride seems like extra suspension from the tire but still plenty responsive enough for me racking up miles. These may actually last over 5000 miles on this bike in the rear.
Don't ride loud at all.
fa82191554a162f16195171cc84bfef3.jpg

d70e16bd680f41d2cc96abdcd9b66d78.jpg

• Premium Member
Blue Mountain Brewery?!? Sweet!!

2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

• Premium Member
I was actually visiting lickinghole creek craft brewery in Goochland county today, and refilling my blue mountain growler I brought with me. But blue mountain and the Nelson breweries are great to.
fade4321639c3879952384854a539b20.jpg

44cc437851f57d687dacabe3abae81ff.jpg

80588250428639932e20237e4e29159e.jpg

f400072b709a1e52b1b14fe0d8546f80.jpg

1b19a3ba717ebd8a6b84274763255803.jpg

• Premium Member
Dang, you were stomping around in my area. Cool!
2015 Stealth Grey FJ-09 Pilot
Base of Operations: Chesterfield, VA
Farkels? Lots, nothing flashy, but all functional...

Archived