Nice ride documented by Rever app

• 3 weeks later...
Just joined Rever about a week ago.
Fun app, with a few glitches, but interesting and useful none the less.
Nice to see that I am not the only one to use two wheels to get to the range.
Run IDPA matches out here, and also used the bike to attend several out of state events. Perfect way to combine two great hobbies!
Going back to Rever, I used it on a 400 mile ride through SW Colorado last Friday.
Entertaining to see the elevation graph. 4000 to over 10000ft elevation during our ride.
Not being the most computer savvy, how did you copy the eide map onto your post?

Be safe, have fun!

• Premium Member
It has been a few weeks so I forgot. 
The Rever desktop app/website allows you to share rides via email. I think I sent an email to myself and it includes the route image as well as a link to Rever. 
I emailed a few planned routes to friends and they were able to open them. 

I just added the Givi Outback Trekker side cases to my FJ. A bagger rider said he was not sure if he liked them because they remind him of ammo boxes. I thanked him and consider it a compliment. Nobody can tell what is locked in my shiny aluminum Givis. 

• 3 weeks later...
Depends on your GPS unit. The desktop version is fantastic for planning the ride. Transferring it to the GPS is easy enough. Trying to use the GPX files is a little frustrating. I found that on my Garmin, if I missed a waypoint, the GPS unit couldn't get over it and just pick up the ride where I was. It constantly tried to reroute me back to the missed waypoint. Then one trip it just decided to ignore the routing and take me the quickest way home. It was very frustrating. The Rever guy said that that may have been just my GPS model. I have found though that if you don't care about voice directions that you can use your phone or tablet and do the ride by simply following the blue line. Easy enough. If you get off track, simply zoom out and make your way back to the blue line. Not ideal, but livable. The Rever guys told me they are working on voice directions and hope to have this feature available by the summer. I live in an area where he Butler maps people have mapped out the good rides so using the pay option is good for me. In many areas this would not work. Overall it's not too bad, but certainly not perfect yet.

• Premium Member
Yes, I was frustrated by the insistence on getting to a Waypoint on the recent trip to Germany. Some on my route were just a few feet away on the other side of a dual carriageway and missed by inches. There does not seem to be a single "skip waypoint" button. You have to go back into the route and start it from the next waypoint which is daft.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived