FJ-09 2015 -VS- 2016

If this is already covered somewhere, please forgive me and redirect me to where to look.

My question is.....what are the differences between the 2015 & 2016 models, besides the colors..?

I am planning to buy one towards the end of the month and have found a matte gray 2015 that is pretty nicely discounted. If price were not a concern, besides having a one year older bike, is there any major disadvantage to going with the 2015 model..? 

If the 2016 has great upgrades/benefits, then I am all for buying a 2016, I am just ignorant to what the differences are.

Thank you all for any help..!

• Premium Member
None, other than paint.

If you are lucky you may get the improved oil sump but not guaranteed.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

I picked up a 2015 model at the start of Feb for £7399, I couldn't turn it down, only went in to look for a new coat!! The sales bloke told me there are no differences other than paint, before I signed I saw some pre owned ones for more money.. Mine is not pre registered and I'm the first keeper. When I had mine serviced a week later the dealer told me that he had nearly sold all of his 2016 models already.

Thanks, Buddha..!

I went and put a deposit on a 2015 last night, will pick up in 2 weeks, after my wife and I close on a property. It's going to be a long 2 weeks, but will be fun, sort of like Christmas time, as a child...!!

• Premium Member
Thanks, Buddha..! 
I went and put a deposit on a 2015 last night, will pick up in 2 weeks, after my wife and I close on a property. It's going to be a long 2 weeks, but will be fun, sort of like Christmas time, as a child...!!
I gotcher long right here, buddy.  

Long is waiting 3 or 4 weeks with no forks on your bike for Traxxion Dynamics to get them back to you.  That's LONG.

• 2 weeks later...
None, other than paint. 
You mentioned "improved oil pump". How can a new buyer know if there is an improved oil pump?
Found the thread. Very good Search engine. Sorry for the premature post.

None, other than paint. 
You mentioned "improved oil pump". How can a new buyer know if there is an improved oil pump?
Sump means sump, not pump, you chump. 
I jest, don't kick me in the rump.

Anyway, it's less likely to break if you do a jump and land with a thump, especially if you're plump.

Sorry all, couldn't resist giving this thread a bump.

:)

Anyway, it's less likely to break if you do a jump and land with a thump, especially if you're plump.

And all in a lump or clump, harrumph.

• Premium Member

And all in a lump or clump, harrumph.
Someone is being a grump, as if he had tripped on a stump. I would be too, if my sump took a bump.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

What's the difference for the sump? How can I tell if I have old or new? What are the implications?

Honda SS50, Kawasaki Z200, Honda 400/4, Yamaha TDM900, Yamaha XT660Z Tenere, KTM 990 Adventure, BMW R1200GS, Mr Stevens, and my favourite of all: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer...a bit like FJ-09 only properly named :¬P

Archived