(Building a rear rack) was "Givi mounting lug locations"

• Premium Member
Does anyone know where I could find the measurements for the monokey mounting lug locations?  The two mushroom lugs and the pyramid mounting screw locations.  I'm working on making my own top rack but don't have access to any Givi hardware to measure from.

Mounting Kit Parts

• Premium Member
I've typically not had good luck getting measurements from businesses.  If anyone with a few spare minutes and an accurate ruler could give me a hand filling in the labeled measurements I'd appreciate it.

img][img]

4390391.jpg  

I've typically not had good luck getting measurements from businesses.  If anyone with a few spare minutes and an accurate ruler could give me a hand filling in the labeled measurements I'd appreciate it. 

img][img]
I thought it'd be worth a shot is all. I went off of our service, where we give measurements if asked, and figured that they'd practice the same sort of customer service. Never hurts though! 

• Premium Member
Here's the mockup i threw together today, mostly just to check my initial measurements in the computer.  If anyone notices any issues I may have mounting a Givi V47 feel free to set me straight.

4391056.jpg  

4391055.jpg

4391054.jpg

4391053.jpg

p><p> [img]<a href=http://i.imgur.com/x6Cg6MPl.jpg' alt='x6Cg6MPl.jpg'>

img]

OZxGqLl.jpg?1

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
Oh great! Thanks Panooch. Specifically the measurements I labeled (A,B,C,D) in the third post attachment. I'm guessing those two projections work just like the Studs so I guess measurements to the center of the arch in place of the center of the stud are in order.

Oops, I could have enlarged your diagram. My micrometer only goes to 6" so anything over that was done with a tape.

A= 1"
B= 8 15/16 or 9"
C= 4"
D= 8 1/2"
E= 1/2 of B

Keep in mind, the back of the plate is slotted. I set my case down and push forward toward the bars for it to latch.

SLSP934l.jpg

Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
You guys are amazing thank you!  Here's where she stands right now.

gotfz, I agree.  I've seen that part in photos and wasn't sure about adding it.  At the very least it will help add some lateral stability so I think I'll incorporate it somehow

4392580.jpg  

• 1 month later...
  • Premium Member
Had a chance to lasercut and bend the materials today. 1/8" aluminium top plate and 1/8" galvanized steel supports.  The bolts attaching the two are temporary and will be replaced with countersunk screws.  I'm thinking I'll paint it all with rubberized truck bed liner.

4485082.jpg

4485081.jpg

4485083.jpg

4485084.jpg

Archived