Auxiliary Lights.

aussietracer

Hola amigos.
Thinking about rewiring my lights so that both the main lights remain on as low beams and using Auxiliary Spotlights and Floodbeam as my highbeams.

Has anyone done this yet?

Looking at the wiring loom and the bike itself it looks like the LED headlights have their own control unit and I don't necessarily want to tangle with that unless absolutely necessary.

You can still use the high beam switch wiring to use as a trigger for a relay to run auxillary lights. Just be aware that the yellow high beam wire is negatively switched, so it drops to zero volts when you turn the switch on, hence you have to set up your relay for negative switching.

That's what we did when we installed mine.

Hope that helps.

k

Kimmie......the lady who likes to take little detours :)

I can grab a pre-wired loom from my local auto that has a smart switch for negative switching.
But what I want to do is whats called a "Dual headlight mod", where both lights stay on and my auxiliaries will be used as the highbeams.

I'm a bit hesitant about digging into the stock loom but I wager the dual light mod on this bike would be nothing more then splicing the +ve highbeam lead straight into the +ve lowbeam lead, then retapping the auxiliary relay loom switch into the handlebars OEM highbeam switch and letting the smart switch do its job for the potential of neg switching.

My aux lights & hi beam come on using the hi beam switch.

I assume what you are saying is that you want to run the low & hi beam all the time and then use the hi beam switch for the aux lights....Is that right??

MY hubby Karl did the electrical work for me and put up a decent response to someone else on here about s wiring issue related to this. I'll try and find the thread and send you the link.

It's all in a previous PM Aussietracer. I'll copy all the info tonight when I get home and send you a PM.

• 4 months later...

Archived