• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Question about "Things to do" with new bike

Hi all,

I'm wondering if there is a "list of things to do with your new FJ-09" or something along those lines?  Not necessarily farkles and add-ons (I have a ton on order and pending some nicer weather up here in the Great White North) but more along the lines of technical hiccups that exist on the bike.  I've seen individual threads but unless I'm blind and my Search-Fu skills suck, I've not seen a compiled thread.

So far what I got:

- Replace oil drain plug upon first oil change (got the mazda bolt + crush washer)
- Adjust the suspension for my weight
- OEM Heated Grips (I've heard there are some heating inconsistencies, any solutions?)
- Windshield adjuster mod/fix

Anything else I am missing?

• Premium Member
Hi all, 
I'm wondering if there is a "list of things to do with your new FJ-09" or something along those lines?  Not necessarily farkles and add-ons (I have a ton on order and pending some nicer weather up here in the Great White North) but more along the lines of technical hiccups that exist on the bike.  I've seen individual threads but unless I'm blind and my Search-Fu skills suck, I've not seen a compiled thread.

So far what I got:

- Replace oil drain plug upon first oil change (got the mazda bolt + crush washer)
- Adjust the suspension for my weight
- OEM Heated Grips (I've heard there are some heating inconsistencies, any solutions?)
- Windshield adjuster mod/fix

Anything else I am missing?

Tighten your bar end weight bolts (they will be loose). Make sure the axle nuts/bolts/pinch bolts are tight. If you get an ABS light while you are riding (not the initial light until you hit 15mph), the ABS sensor is out of adjustment.  
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Things I do with all new bikes:

Set suspension sag, adjust damping (if available)

Go over the bike checking nut and bolt tightness, chain slack, wheel alignment, etc.

Adjust the ergonomics (levers, etc) to suit.

Get out and ride it! ;)
Glad I got that one right. 
Everyday's a good day when your able to ride

15 FJ-09 - 2WDW ECU flash, Givi SV201, Nelson Rigg tail bag, OES sliders, Koubalink extenders, Ermax Sport, Vista Cruise, OEM seat mod, (smiles)
07 Honda ST1300A (sold)
06 Kawi KLR650 - Big Gun full exhaust, Corbin, Givi, PMR racks, carb mod (keeper)
97 Honda VFR750 - Traxxion Dynamics, Penske, Givi 3 piece, carbon exhaust (keeper?)
20+ years of snowmobiles

• Premium Member
If it is warm where you live - get rid of the chicken strips.
Order the heated grips - it can take a while to get them, but they are worth it. I had to wait 7 months.
Cheers

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

Archived