Adventuretech Auxiliary LED light bracket how to

ULEWZ

• Premium Member
1. Remove tank black trim ring.
2. Remove turn signal side panels, both sides.
3. Position bracket under structure and secure with provided bolts, washers (one under bolt head and one under nut) and nut.
4. Install your favorite Cree LED lights on the brackets.
5. Reinstall turn signal side panels, both sides.
6. Install tank black trim ring.
7. See my other thread on wiring, but forget the fork mounts.
Pictures, we must have pictures:
20160304_112049_zpsofme4drx.jpg

20160304_104106_zpsfky7fqxd.jpg

20160304_112109_zpschuawkph.jpg

20160304_112113_zps2ztrvoky.jpg

20160304_104119_zpsn6v2f055.jpg

20160304_112104_zps7ldc2acj.jpg

20160304_112042_zpsp0rhwndp.jpg

20160305_151647_zps61xqnqrl.jpg

20160305_151623_zpskfwzuaub.jpg

20160305_151636_zpsv2b6clhl.jpg

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2012 Street Triple type R (Wifes)
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Premium Member
Looks nice! Any pics of it all buttoned back up? Still waiting on mine to arrive. Was hoping it would be in time for the weekend but I guess I'll have to hold off a bit.

Did the red bolt cap come with the kit, or did you buy separately?  I'd like to find something in black a little larger diameter, to fit over the bolt and nut where the actual light mounts.

• Premium Member
Looks nice! Any pics of it all buttoned back up? Still waiting on mine to arrive. Was hoping it would be in time for the weekend but I guess I'll have to hold off a bit. 
Did the red bolt cap come with the kit, or did you buy separately?  I'd like to find something in black a little larger diameter, to fit over the bolt and nut where the actual light mounts.
I'll take some tomorrow after my morning ride to Newcombs. The red caps are just vacuum caps/covers from Autozone. My bike is red, so the color is fine for me. I also put some on the bolts attaching the LED lights. This is the cheapest, best mod I have done so far. Love the results.

A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of Paul.
Bikes:
2015 FJ-09, Seat Concepts seat cover and foam, Cal Sci medium screen, rim stripes, factory heated grips, Cortech Dryver tank bag ring, Modified stock exhaust, FlashTune with Graves fuel map, Cree driving lights, Aux power socket.
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• Premium Member
Front on pictures added to first post as requested. clap_zpsdyza0r53.gif
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

Looks good. My lights are currently mounted down low on the fender (same lights you installed), but I'm considering getting this mount and drilling it to install a small light bar.

Think it's possible? Hard to tell from your pics if it is or not.

• Premium Member
Looks good. My lights are currently mounted down low on the fender (same lights you installed), but I'm considering getting this mount and drilling it to install a small light bar. 
Think it's possible? Hard to tell from your pics if it is or not.
Yup, it should be. The mount goes all the way across. Might not even need to drill into it. Just create a sub-bracket and mount the light bar to it if you desire (use countersunk bolts). 
Bikes:
2007 FJR1300 (Sold!)

• 1 month later...

20160304_112049_zpsofme4drx.jpg 
20160304_104106_zpsfky7fqxd.jpg

20160304_112109_zpschuawkph.jpg

20160304_112113_zps2ztrvoky.jpg

20160304_104119_zpsn6v2f055.jpg

20160304_112104_zps7ldc2acj.jpg

20160304_112042_zpsp0rhwndp.jpg

20160305_151647_zps61xqnqrl.jpg

20160305_151623_zpskfwzuaub.jpg

20160305_151636_zpsv2b6clhl.jpg

When I see pix like these, in any context, it makes me realise just how incredibly complex our machines are, and the technology and sheer effort that goes into the design, development, and manufacturing process. And it's also perhaps surprising that on the whole relatively little goes wrong!

[em]Wordsmith [/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

That looks good. I've heard mounting on the forks or fender can lead to the lights falling/shaking apart quicker, especially if you're saving money on some Cree stuff. I also have issues with motion sickness and I worry about the bobbing lights making puke. I like the light bar. The bike is futuristic looking already. The bar looks sleek and probably puts out way more light that two fog lamps anyway.
I was thinking that you could almost use the universal fork mounts to attached directly to the two bolts under the headlight and then actually use a PVC tube to connect the "fork" rings and then you've given yourself a mounting bar under the main headlight for any type of lights, but I'm not sure if there would be enough clearance. I guess if you put in some rubber spacers for damping that might add another inch of clearance. Seems silly that we all want to mount the lights under there and we can't get a legit bracket without shelling out for the whole package. I'm not a "fabricator" like many of the talented folks on here, but there are enough pieces out there already to create a makeshift bracket.

Seems silly that we all want to mount the lights under there and we can't get a legit bracket without shelling out for the whole package. I'm not a "fabricator" like many of the talented folks on here, but there are enough pieces out there already to create a makeshift bracket.
Shelling out? The bracket alone is a mere $38. Hell of a bargain IMO. 
My light bar and harness was $70. So for $108 my package was complete. Hell of a lot cheaper than the OEM setup.

Seems silly that we all want to mount the lights under there and we can't get a legit bracket without shelling out for the whole package. 
I may misunderstand - but AdventureTech WILL sell you just the bracket (they call it the 'light-bar')... I have one plus the wiring-kit on order from them and am using my own Crees from another source. [em]Wordsmith[/em]

Riding a fully-farkled 2019 MT-09 Tracer 900 GT from my bayside home in South East Queensland, Australia.   

Seems silly that we all want to mount the lights under there and we can't get a legit bracket without shelling out for the whole package. 
I may misunderstand - but AdventureTech WILL sell you just the bracket (they call it the 'light-bar')... I have one plus the wiring-kit on order from them and am using my own Crees from another source. [em]Wordsmith[/em]

Wordsmith....You can purchase the bracket only for $38 plus shipping. That's what I did.

Wordsmith....You can purchase the bracket only for $38 plus shipping. That's what I did.
Understood - I have one on the way, and the wiring kit too, which will assist me with installation. Thanks...
[em]W[/em]

I meant that that MT09/FJ09 fog light kit with mounting bracket specifically designed for the bike... it's like $470.  
How wide is this bracket? I don't want my lights mounted outside the forks. Some of the pics on here show the light bar underneath, but the Adventure tech site shows the bracket being pretty wide with the lights mounted just inside the outing cowling and turn signals. I want to keep everything underneath the headlight, so you can't see bolts and cables etc. Anyone have the dimensions on this thing?

Archived