FOBO Motorcycle TPMS install

This weekend I installed the FOBO Bike Kit on my FJ-09.  I bought the T Stem valve stems too to help out with getting air into those tires. I would not have trusted those OEM rubber valve stems to support the TPMS bits at elevated speeds. Plus having the nifty T stems makes adjusting air pressure very easy.
FOBO has a great website to explain their hardware. I had no trouble with their hardware, software of installation instructions.  The TPMS monitors tire pressure and temperature and displays it on your 4.0 (or higher) Bluetooth enabled smart phone.
No problems with brake caliper clearance either.
I didn't have to remove the tire to install the new valve stems but it is necessary to break the bead and push the tire to one side.  I also rebalanced the wheels since the new stem is a substantial piece of metal.  I added about 20 grams of weight to make it balance.
Road tested today, all good.   I'll post a couple photos soon.

This weekend I installed the FOBO Bike Kit on my FJ-09.  I bought the T Stem valve stems too to help out with getting air into those tires. I would not have trusted those OEM rubber valve stems to support the TPMS bits at elevated speeds. Plus having the nifty T stems makes adjusting air pressure very easy. FOBO has a great website to explain their hardware. I had no trouble with their hardware, software of installation instructions.  The TPMS monitors tire pressure and temperature and displays it on your 4.0 (or higher) Bluetooth enabled smart phone.
No problems with brake caliper clearance either.
I didn't have to remove the tire to install the new valve stems but it is necessary to break the bead and push the tire to one side.  I also rebalanced the wheels since the new stem is a substantial piece of metal.  I added about 20 grams of weight to make it balance.
Road tested today, all good.   I'll post a couple photos soon.

How did you break the bead with the tire on the bike? 

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

Archived