Bike won't start

I was going for a ride Saturday and I noticed the battery tender was showing red. I tried to start the bike and it was totally dead. It's a 2015 I got last May with a little over 5,000 miles on it. I jumped it and it started right up, let it run for a while and it cranked very slow a few times and stopped. I figured the battery was bad and went and bought a new one. Put the new battery in a put the battery tender on it and left it on there for 4 or 5 hours, battery tender showed green light so I tried to start it and it cranked slowly and acted like it would almost start a few times and the battery wound down. So I try to jump it again, it started when I jumped with a totally dead battery but not now. It cranks and doesn't even act like it wants to start. Charged the battery several more hours and tried to jump it again and same thing, cranks but no signs of life. Anybody have any Ideas, I'm looking at having to have a wrecker transport to the shop as I don't have a truck anymore.

I would check ground connections. Trace where the ground wire goes to on the frame and not only check for tightness but, better yet, remove and clean/scuff up and re tighten. Old adage that all electrical issues are bad group, until proven otherwise.

Archived