First Look at the Sargent Seat

http://www.sargentcycle.com/Seats-Accessories/Sargent-Seats-Yamaha-FJ09/ 
It annoys the crap out of me that they continue to list this as the MJ-09 Tracer. Get your model numbers straight! I may end up buying one but I'm still annoyed they can't get the overseas model number right.
I sent them an email a couple of days ago mentioning their error. Their website is fixed now showing MT09 Tracer.
you da man!

+1
...hhmmmmm....eye candy versus function.....a tough observation best addressed 400 miles into a 600 mile day.....
if I recall, they took away the tool kit storage and reviews are mixed on how good the Corbin really is. I'd rather take the function of an upgraded 2 piece seat with a tool kit storage than an upgraded one piece seat without tool kit storage. Really don't know the comfort for each individual until you buy it. Also for me personally, I will probably have less than a handful of 600 mile days on this particular bike by the time I sell it. I'd rather buy for the 500 other riding days than the 5 long days.

• Premium Member
+1
...hhmmmmm....eye candy versus function.....a tough observation best addressed 400 miles into a 600 mile day.....
Agreed, and of course we're talking about subjective observation regarding it's looks. It's all about what YOU like. Go for what flips your skirt! 
Functionally, these seats will work differently per rider too. So, make your choices and enjoy the ride!
Piedmont of NC
'15 FJ-09
'94 GTS-1000

• Premium Member
if I recall, they took away the tool kit storage and reviews are mixed on how good the Corbin really is. I'd rather take the function of an upgraded 2 piece seat with a tool kit storage than an upgraded one piece seat without tool kit storage. Really don't know the comfort for each individual until you buy it. Also for me personally, I will probably have less than a handful of 600 mile days on this particular bike by the time I sell it. I'd rather buy for the 500 other riding days than the 5 long days.
The tool kit consisted of a screw driver and a rear shock preload adjuster and loosing them didn't really impact the utility of the saddle. And there is still plenty of room under the saddle for a real tool kit if you wish. I tried the Seat Concepts conversion, and it just didn't accomplish what I wanted in a saddle. The Corbin does. Most of my riding falls between 80 and 120 miles per day, and where I would be squirming after about 50 miles on the stock seat and the Seat Concepts saddle, with the Corbin I don't even think about the saddle. That's just been my experience, YMMV.... 

• Premium Member
I like the seat, but that controller! Fortunately I don't need a heated seat.
looks like something from an electric powered hospital bed
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived