Shell Rotella T Oil

Im bored, I'm an admin so I think I'll start a good old rip roaring oil argument. 8wVkXgY.gif

Shell Rotella T-6 is the very best motorcycle oil on the planet for the money. Can't be beat for the cost and the performance.

Ya don't need $15.00 quarts of motorcycle synthetic oil. Most synthetics aren't even synthtic anymore anyways.

The expensive bike oils do not protect your engine/tranny any better than Rotella T-6 5-40 . In fact, alot of old guys are getting mega miles out of their bikes running the non synthetic Rotella oil.

You can read the very best motorcycle oil article here by an absolute expert who does not work for an oil company http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Oils1.html

What oil does he run in his bikes? Quote from the article below.

"In fact, I just run Rotella synthetic in everything I own, year round: ST1300, DL650, Superhawk, Chevy Silverado, motorhome."

Stop wasting money on expensive oil. Go get a gallon of Rotella T-6 5-40 at Walmart for $21.98 .

Lastly, back in the 70's and 80's, there wasn't any motorcycle oil, no synthtic oil, we used 30 wt oil's and I had two bikes go over 80,000 miles and one used Honda that went 130,000 miles and it was still running great on the original top and bottom ends when I sold it!

I have been using Rotella T and T-6, 50/50, for over 200K. No problems. Also, everyone should note that right on the containers they are listed as JASO MA approved. This is the Japanese test rating established for oil to be run in both the trans and engine, specifically motorcyles. End of story. The country where your motorcycle is made knows the importants for using proper oils in these bikes and makes sure by testing that they are okay. You will note this standard on motorcycle oils sold in motorcycle dealers and usually will not see it on any of their containers unless noted for motorcycles, but Shell seems to have a more worldly view and makes their oil for the world and therefore get the testing done both in the US and Japan. It is a very good oil and well priced at Wally's. About the only thing I buy at Walmart,besides ammo.

Ken, Candy Ass L.D.R. Sleeps 8 hours
(2)2005 FJR1300abs:  230,000 m
2015 FJ-09:  114,000 m (Replaced engine at 106K)

• Premium Member
DITTO the above.  It is the only OIL I also use. If the BIG 18 wheelers use it in all their very HOT running diesels it must be good.  My lawn mover even runs great with it!  Highly recommended. Dave in sunny PHX for awhile longer...

• Premium Member
URL=http://s1353.photobucket.com/user/jlcochran59/media/Mobile%20Uploads/5F406B0F-orig_zpskleka5th.jpg.html]5F406B0F-orig_zpskleka5th.jpg[/url]

"It doesn't matter who walks in, you know the joke is still the same"  Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. USA

• Premium Member
I learned about Rotella T6 on another forum for my last bike. I used it on that bike and have used it exclusively on my FJ09. I have bought it at Autozone for $22 a gallon on sale. I use 15W-40 because I don't ride in temp's below freezing.

2015 red FJ-09: Cal Sci screen, Sargent seat, ECU flash, slider combo, cruise, Rizoma bars, Matts forks, JRi shock, slipper clutch

• Premium Member
Im bored, I'm an admin so I think I'll start a good old rip roaring oil argument. 8wVkXgY.gif

I think trolling your own forum is very bad form.

BAN THE TROLL

:P:P:P:P:P:P
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Archived