Shell Rotella T Oil

• Premium Member
The contents of that bottle look pretty similar to what I am converting this stuff into

erdinger_motiv_bohnhoff_2.jpg

Do you want a few litres for the imminent service?
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
I wish I never clicked on the link...
nothing wrong with a bit of wet humping, biker boy
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

Pure One filters, as an added bonus, the gold sort of matches the forks....

I've run Rotella T Synthetic, Red Line and Mobil One for most of my vehicles for years. The Red Line was nice in turbo use, really does not break down when hot like other oils. (ester based.)

Lately, what's cheapest is best. Rotella hard to beat, but Costco runs specials on 6 quarts of Mobil One for about 21.00 or was it 26.00? I can't remember, it's been awhile since I bought it last, picked up two boxes, and had 3 gallons of Rotella on the shelf still, so it's taken awhile to use it all up.

In the Supra, I had a crazy oil system, Canton Accusump that held 4 quarts, full flow Canton filter, and RX7 oil cooler that also held about a quart. And to top it all off, autoguard bypass filter that held another quart and all the lines were AN10, about 15' total braided hoses and fittings. Took 12 quarts to run that system, but the oil did last for a very long time, and stayed very clean.

Im bored, I'm an admin so I think I'll start a good old rip roaring oil argument. 8wVkXgY.gif 
Shell Rotella T-6 is the very best motorcycle oil on the planet for the money. Can't be beat for the cost and the performance.

Ya don't need $15.00 quarts of motorcycle synthetic oil. Most synthetics aren't even synthtic anymore anyways.

The expensive bike oils do not protect your engine/tranny any better than Rotella T-6 5-40 . In fact, alot of old guys are getting mega miles out of their bikes running the non synthetic Rotella oil.

You can read the very best motorcycle oil article here by an absolute expert who does not work for an oil company http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Oils1.html

What oil does he run in his bikes? Quote from the article below.

"In fact, I just run Rotella synthetic in everything I own, year round: ST1300, DL650, Superhawk, Chevy Silverado, motorhome."

Stop wasting money on expensive oil. Go get a gallon of Rotella T-6 5-40 at Walmart for $21.98 .

Lastly, back in the 70's and 80's, there wasn't any motorcycle oil, no synthtic oil, we used 30 wt oil's and I had two bikes go over 80,000 miles and one used Honda that went 130,000 miles and it was still running great on the original top and bottom ends when I sold it!

I've been doing some research on the topic and came across this:

"Rotella 5/40 (T6) is a poor choice for ANY bike that shares the oil with the transmission.
Every UOA (used oil analysis) out there shows the oil shears down to close to 30 in about 2000 miles or less in a shared gearcase.
The Rotella 15/40 is a much more sturdy oil in a shared sump. Your gearcase will thank you."

Since the operating range of the 5w40 is practically the same as the 15w40 (for motorcycling, unless you're a nutter), I wonder if the 15w40 is the safer choice if your fav oil is Rotella?

Mark.

'16 FJ09 - Mivv Carbon Oval full exhaust¦MCCruise TBW/FJR switch cruise control¦Corbin seat¦GPR steering damper¦Givi D2122S windscreen¦MT-09 Adventure footpegs¦Motodynamic taillight/flushmount signals/fender eliminator¦OEM heated grips¦Shorty levers¦T-Rex sliders¦SW Motech Blaze bags¦KTM handguards¦Vibranators¦Grip Puppies¦CF fender extender¦Pyramid rear hugger extender

in order to get 5w40 the base oil is lighter (5w) and the polymers longer (unfurled at temp). So yes they're more likely to get chopped up by gears, so 15w40 is the better option. The rule of thumb is to get an oil that is as narrow as possible between the 'W'.

Archived