Best accessory?

• Premium Member
Shouldn't you have a roll cage?

My lawn takes me 30 minutes to mow with a 30cm bladed, elecric Bosch.
This signature is left blank as the poster writes enough pretentious bollocks as it is.

• Premium Member
Shouldn't you have a roll cage? 
My lawn takes me 30 minutes to mow with a 30cm bladed, elecric Bosch.
As you can see my garden has a slope. I should get a roll cage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Ha Ha. All good ideas and many neighbors do such things. Letting sheep graze is popular too. Our property is laid our really oddly and being on a slight hill has engineered drainage and two septics systems and just a whole lot of reasons why simple, desirable solutions don't work.
But one perk is I have a 12'x 25' building that is my own work shop/bike storage/ man shed. A fair trade in my eyes.

Cheers

2015 FJ-09
2006 Triumph Daytona 675

• Premium Member
My first lawn mower was a push Sears with non adjustable carb. ( hated that) I used it cutting folks lawns till the wheels fell off. I bought my 1976XS 650C Yamaha new with those earnings and still have that bike. Then I got a"Rickels" mower with a Briggs n Straton engine. Ran that one into the ground too. Then when I got a few acres I got a riding mower and used that for many years. When we moved to a house with less land I traded the riding mower for some fencing. After that my Dad gave me his old Snapper mower which I kept running for over twenty years. Wore that one out. I asked the repair guy if I could just replace the rings and piston on it and he laughed at me. I guess we do now live in a throw away society. :-( So now, especially after my surgery, I have, "Carlos" he does a great job, does extra stuff, always a gentleman, and gives me much more riding time on my FJ09. Carlos rocks!!!
A Motorcyclist's Church is the open road....

I used to mow my Grandfathers lawn using the old fashioned non motorized rotary blade cutters. It took three hours and he paid me $5 per week. I became an expert at sharpening those damn blades but to this day everyone brings me their knives to sharpen for them.

Archived