Tail Tidy + Splash Guard + Side Panniers

Looks good! I like the mud guard although it seams like the Leon spelling on the side supports is upside down.

Also, can you post a few pictures of where the mud guard attaches at the swingarm? Thanks!

Looks good! I like the mud guard although it seams like the Leon spelling on the side supports is upside down. 
Also, can you post a few pictures of where the mud guard attaches at the swingarm? Thanks!

ac6166b3091a50729a3c5c6e66e368b5.jpg

bc15d9d6bc521694cf75396028b2acb0.jpg

4579f0247e14f10763afc4f539a82c17.jpg

The words & logo is not upside down, that is part of their design, this is from Thailand.

Hope you appreciate it.

Looking at their youtube video, I'm not sure what the purpose is - it seems to deflect all of the water at some force towards the underside of the seat/electrics/shock linkages, neatly bypassing the protection that the hugger gives. If you are worried about water on your back, surely the original number plate mount would do a job. If you are riding with a ruddy great top box, that would surely do the job of preotecting your back anyway.

[video src=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmb6-DxuQ4A]

• Premium Member
Looking at their youtube video, I'm not sure what the purpose is - it seems to deflect all of the water at some force towards the underside of the seat/electrics/shock linkages, neatly bypassing the protection that the hugger gives. If you are worried about water on your back, surely the original number plate mount would do a job. If you are riding with a ruddy great top box, that would surely do the job of preotecting your back anyway. 

The most astonishing thing is that they don't seem to realise it.

The most astonishing thing is that they don't seem to realise it.

LOL ...

I'm confused by everyone commenting that the mud guard is forcing water towards the underside of the bike... Where exactly do you think it goes without the mud guard? If you were riding through that much water. The underside of the tail is going to be soaked, tail tidy or not. Mud/splash guard looks to do its job well.

'15 FJ-09 w/ lots of extras...

Fayetteville, GA, USA

I'm confused by everyone commenting that the mud guard is forcing water towards the underside of the bike... Where exactly do you think it goes without the mud guard? If you were riding through that much water. The underside of the tail is going to be soaked, tail tidy or not. Mud/splash guard looks to do its job well. 

I would assume a large amount of that water would be sprayed outward in the form of a rooster tail. (I suppose I would appreciate it if I was riding behind it in a downpour) The fact is, it's being concentrated, apparently at speed, into areas where you really might not want it. With a redesign that collects and redirects the water back and down, they might be onto something, but as it stands this is just another thing to 'farkle' your bike with. Personally I prefer to look at a nice wide bit of rubber on the back of a bike.   

Archived