Hello from MN!

Hello!

I'm making preparations to pick up a used 2015 (with about 1600 miles) on Wednesday. My primary bike for the last 19 years was a 1997 VFR750F which I bought new. (hence the 'formerly known as vfrdirk nick) My family commitments limit my riding to mostly commuting to work and running to teach MSF classes, with an occasional longer day ride thrown in a couple of times a season. I was looking for something that was light and maneuverable to be convenient for commuting (and doing class demos) but could still handle some longer rides. I think I've found it!

I look forward to reading some threads here and asking a few questions as they come up.

Thanks,

Dirk

@desertfjr I live in the west suburbs of the twin cities, so the Eden Prairie campus of Hennepin Tech. is my home site. I've taught in Brooklyn Park and other locations, but now I'm 100% EP Campus.

@vespadaddy I sure was. Pat Hahn and I completed MSF instructor training together and he pointed me to MN-Sportbike way back when.

Just asked as I am sending my son off to the BRC in April at Dakota County Tech. Hopefully he will have his permit by mid-April and his license by early July. I am going to make him ride with me exclusively until he graduates from high school. My dad did the same with me...helped me learn a bunch of good habits.

Hey there, I grew up in EP and now live in Chaska. My wife surprised me with an new FJ-09 for Christmas to supplement my 85 V 65 Magna. Just got back to MN today from a spring break trip to Florida. Took alonf the FJ and love the bike. Nice to see MN people here. Now, back to my second oil change... See ya out there.

Nice! I finally got a chance to take the FJ out for a spin on Monday and commuted to work yesterday during the brief "warm-up" into the upper 40's and low 50's. Coming from a carbureted VFR, I'm still dealing with the FI abruptness, but I'm getting the hang of it little by little. To be honest, my BMW F650 was injected, but with 1/3rd the cylinders and less than half the power but most of the weight, the jerky throttle was hardly noticeable. This bike is impressive!

Archived